Canon U.S.A. Demonstrates Its Latest Eye Care Technology At 2013 Annual Meeting Of The American Academy Of Ophthalmology
New imageSPECTRUM Image Management System software is designed to help create efficient workflows in ophthalmology offices
MELVILLE, N.Y., November 15, 2013 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase its latest eye care technologies, including its new imageSPECTRUM (v5.0) Image Management System software, during the 2013 Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), November 15-19, at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. Visitors to Canon booth #3028 will be able to view demonstrations of the latest Canon eye care products, including the latest version of imageSPECTRUM Image Management software (v5.0) (2014 Healthcare Reform-ready) linked to its current line of mydriatic and non-mydriatic retinal cameras, and to its full auto refractor/keratometer, full auto tonometer, and automated perimeter.
Available now, the Canon imageSPECTRUM Image Management System Software (v5.0) is designed to help healthcare practitioners enhance their patient and image management workflow and can assist with their HIPAA/HITECH compliance efforts.
This state-of-the-art solution allows any size ophthalmology practice using Windows®71to capture images and instantaneously query, retrieve and view completed studies from a single database - whether in the next room or across the country. imageSPECTRUM software is fully DICOM2-compliant for increased interoperability. This latest version of imageSPECTRUM software is designed with data portability and security in mind. It also comes ready to communicate with most EMR systems. Additionally, it features integrated state-of-the-art password protection and file encryption systems, multi-level user access system security tools, data integrity, extensive audit logging and a complete data archival, redundancy and disaster recovery protection system, which can greatly assist ophthalmologists in complying with HIPAA/HITECH requirements.
AAO Annual Meeting attendees will have the opportunity to see the Company's full line of integrated Eye Care solutions including:
- CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CX-1 Camera is a fully digital hybrid retinal camera system. Being a hybrid system, the camera offers the flexibility of being used as a mydriatic camera, or as a non-mydriatic camera. Users may take Color, Red-Free, Cobalt, Fundus Autofluorescence images or perform a Fluorescein Angiography study in either of the camera modes. The CX-1 Camera integrates a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina with a high sensitivity CMOS image sensor that achieves ultra-high resolution images with superb detail, contrast and color fidelity. The built-in non-mydriatic mode not only helps saves time and resources, but also makes the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with pupils smaller than 3.8 mm.
- CF-1 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CF-1 Mydriatic Camera is a versatile 50ø retinal camera with three color modes: Fluorescein Angiography, Color, and Red-Free. The camera can take full field images with a pupil diameter as small as Ø 5.2mm in mydriatic mode and down to Ø 4.3mm in SP Mode using an 18 megapixel Canon EOS 60D digital camera.
- CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The Canon CR-2 PLUS AF Digital Retinal Camera is designed to help you consistently capture and analyze truly outstanding images-quickly, efficiently, and automatically. Designed for use with a dedicated Canon EOS digital SLR camera for retina, advanced CMOS image-capture technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging, the CR-2 PLUS AF camera provides advanced features specifically designed to enhance, capture and analyze important fundus images. The camera comes ready for Color and Fundus Autofluorescence imaging and when coupled with the imageSPECTRUM software digital filters such as Red, Green, and Blue can be applied to images. The camera also comes with an Anterior Segment mode for added functionality.
- CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera: The CR-2 Camera is an extremely compact digital non-mydriatic retinal camera with 45° field angle. The camera uses a customized 18 megapixel digital camera incorporating Canon EOS technology and special image processing for ophthalmic imaging. Special digital RGB filters from imageSPECTRUM can be used to provide an enhanced view of the retina at the RFL, ganglion and choroid. White LED lamp, instead of a flash tube lamp, provides for an extremely soft, patient-friendly flash and lasts approximately twice as long as a Xenon tube, which can help to reduce maintenance costs.
- RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer: Using the Full Auto mode, the RK-F2 refractor and keratometer automatically aligns and acquires a reading for one eye and then continues to the opposite eye to perform the same function-all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2 has a compact footprint that is coupled with an omnidirectional joystick, 5.7 inch color LCD monitor, and built-in printer. The RK-F2 helps accelerate the exam process by providing extremely fast and accurate measurements, making it an ideal complement to the ophthalmic suite. It also has a wide measurement range, does peripheral corneal measurements and can handle small pupils easily.
- TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer: The TX-20 is a fully automatic, non-contact tonometer that uses a soft puff of air to help quickly and accurately provide sequential eye readings at the touch of one button. Visual reliability indicators, motorized joystick, built-in printer, LAN and RS-232C output are all included in a small compact design that can quickly become an indispensible device for any office.
- PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter: The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument that provides quick and precise screening and thresholding for just about all automated perimetry needs. The PTS 1000 offers static and kinetic stimuli with standard Goldmann illumination, stimuli sizes and stimuli colors used in perimetry. A wide range of strategies and analysis tools is combined with an intuitive interface to give ophthalmologists a powerful and affordable diagnostic tool.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $40 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2012† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2013. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
1 Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United Stated and/or other countries.
2 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications retailing to digital communications of medical information.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.