Canon Expands Its VIXIA Lineup With The New VIXIA HF M32 Dual Flash Memory Recorder
New Camcorder Features 64GB of Internal Flash Memory and Provides SDXC Memory Card Compatibility for Super-Expandable Capacity Up To 2TB
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., July 14, 2010 – Canon U.S.A., Inc, a leader in digital imaging technology, today introduces the new VIXIA HF M32 Dual Flash Memory camcorder. The VIXIA HF M32 is an easy-to-use, movie-making tool capable of hours upon hours of high-quality HD video recording, ideal for the aspiring family documentarian or social-networking fanatic. Equipped with 64GB of internal flash memory, the new camcorder can record up to 24 hours of HD video and also includes an SD memory card slot that is fully compatible with latest generation SDXC memory cards. The new SDXC memory card specification increases storage capacity from 32GB up to 2TB and enhances data transfer speeds.
Like it's predecessors in the VIXIA HF M-series (VIXIA HF M31, HF M30, HF M300), the VIXIA HF M32 offers stunning HD video in an ultra-sleek, compact and lightweight body. The VIXIA HF M32 retains Canon's proprietary imaging technologies - a Genuine Canon HD Video Lens, HD CMOS Image Sensor and DIGIC DV III Image Processor - and like other VIXIA HF M-series camcorders, features a Touch Panel LCD and a host of features that make capturing and sharing stunning HD video easier than ever before, including:
- Smart Auto: Makes shooting great video even easier by utilizing Canon's DIGIC DV III Image Processor to intelligently detect and analyze brightness, color, distance and movement and automatically select the best setting for the scene being recorded.
- Touch & Track: Enables users to select a subject on the Touch Panel LCD which will then be recognized and tracked. This sophisticated technology recognizes faces, objects, and even animals, ensuring the subject will always be in focus and properly exposed.
- Relay Recording: Allows users to capture uninterrupted video when the primary recording media is full. The camcorder will continue to record a scene by switching from one memory source to the other as it fills up, so that a moment of action will not be missed.
- Powered IS: In addition to Canon's Dynamic SuperRange Optical Image Stabilization, Powered IS provides an even higher level of compensation for subtle hand movement at the telephoto end of the zoom range. This new enhancement can be engaged by pressing the Powered IS button on the LCD panel.
- HD-to-SD Downconversion: Enables users to convert recorded HD video to standard-definition files while preserving the original HD video. These standard-definition files make it even more convenient to share video online or create a DVD.
- Advanced Video Snapshot: Provides the flexibility of capturing two, four, or eight second video clips while recording or during playback.
The VIXIA HF M32 is compatible with Eye-Fi SD memory cards, which makes it easy to wirelessly transfer video content and photos to a computer or sharing site. Eye-Fi SD memory cards feature a built-in Wi-Fi that uses your wireless network to effortlessly transfer photos and videos directly from the camcorder. The VIXIA HF M32 is also compatible with Canon's WP-V2 Waterproof Case allowing users to capture exciting HD footage underwater at depths up to 130 feet.
The VIXIA HF M32 Dual Flash Memory camcorder is scheduled to be available in September for an estimated retail price of $999.99. The Canon WP-V2 Waterproof Case is currently available for an estimated retail price of $599.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number six in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies 2010 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei
– "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei
. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
# # #
Prices, specifications and availability are subject to change without notice. Prices are estimated retail prices. Actual selling prices are set by dealers and may vary.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.