Canon U.S.A. Showcases Advanced Imaging Solutions For Healthcare Workflow And Interoperability At HIMSS12
Canon imageFORMULA, imageCLASS, and imageRUNNER ADVANCE Solutions For Healthcare On Display
LAS VEGAS, NV, February 21, 2012 – As a provider of solutions for electronic medical and healthcare records needs, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will showcase state-of-the-art technologies at this year's Healthcare Information Management Systems Society Conference (HIMSS) at the Venetian Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas that are specifically geared towards separate constituents within a healthcare office. Canon's booth #12406 will show examples of how Canon's imageFORMULA document scanners and imageCLASS laser devices can address the unique needs of various healthcare "environments" such as Billing, Admissions, Nurses' Station, Back Office, Physicians' Office and IT Desk.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to experience a hands-on demonstration of the latest Canon interoperability and workflow solutions. At the Nuance booth and in the HIMSS Interoperability Showcase as a part of the Health Story Project use case, Canon will exhibit successful interoperability with electronic health record (EHR) applications by sending scanned documents with an HL7 CDA from imageRUNNER ADVANCE multifunction products (MFPs) using the embedded Nuance eCopy ShareScan v5 software. This solution advances the healthcare industry's goal to create a complete patient health story by enriching EHRs through the inclusion of paper-based, clinical document information, and facilitating the seamless exchange of healthcare information.
"Canon is dedicated to providing efficient imaging technology that plays a key role across all departments within a healthcare organization," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "As a leader in digital imaging, Canon is uniquely positioned to offer a diverse portfolio of solutions to streamline separate healthcare workflows, which will inevitably generate cost savings and, most importantly, improve patient care."
Canon will display the following award-winning products during this year's show in a variety of office environments in the healthcare sector:
- Color imageCLASS MF9280Cdn Laser MFP is ideal for large medical environments such as hospitals. The multifunction device features a variety of technologies found in many high-end commercial copiers to maximize office efficiency, including "Department ID Management" control, which allows network administrators to monitor and limit print output and LDAP address book lookup, which empowers a health care professional to locate a colleague's email address through a search directory when scanning and sending a document to them through email.
- imageCLASS MF5950dw Laser MFP combines professional-quality multifunction capabilities with features that help businesses save time and money, making it the perfect device for small medical offices and workgroups. At HIMSS, the MF5950dw will be demonstrating printing of LaserBand wristbands, which are used for patient intake and management.
- imageCLASS D1180 Digital Copier is ideal for small and medium-sized practices, as well as workgroups seeking powerful performance in an easy-to-use, compact design. Workflow capabilities such as Scan to Network folder and Scan to Email improve document retention and collaboration for medical professionals.
- imageCLASS LBP6650dn Laser Printer is networkable over an Ethernet, so nurses and medical professionals can easily share printing capabilities directly from their PC. The unit offers an expandable paper capacity up to 800 sheets, with a standard 250 sheet front-loading cassette and 50-sheet multipurpose tray, as well as two-sided printing out of the box for printing professional-quality documents.
- imageWARE Enterprise Management Console is ideal for any IT professional using Canon imageCLASS laser printers and multifunction products as it delivers a streamlined, centralized point of control for all devices installed across your enterprise.
- imageFORMULA DR-X10C production document scanner is designed for high-volume, paper-intensive healthcare environments, with high-speed color scanning up to 130 ppm / 260 ipm1 and an impressive daily duty cycle of 60,000 scans. The DR-X10C captures a wide variety of documents, quickly and reliably. Canon will also feature a partner, ChartCapture, showing its software for capturing patient chart history for EMR running in conjunction with the DR-X10C.
- imageFORMULA ScanFront 300P network scanner is a full-featured, easy-to-use and manage device developed to capture, convert and share documents across a network. The scanner features a fingerprint reader to improve information security, and a color touch screen display to facilitate use in areas such as Nurses' Stations. Canon will also feature a partner, Sagemcom Canada, showing its XMediusFAX software for fax machine replacement running in conjunction with the ScanFront 300P.
- imageFORMULA DR-M160 office document scanner combines excellent performance and convenient use, scanning up to 60 pages-per-minute (ppm)1 /120 images per minute (ipm), and holding up to 60 sheets in the automatic document feeder. It can scan both sides of a document in a single pass, and includes an intuitive control panel to pre-program scan tasks, making it ideal for use in billing, administration, or insurance processing areas.
- imageFORMULA DR-C125 space-saving document scanner makes converting and capturing paper-based documents to digital format an ideal option for reception desks and admissions departments. The scanner features user-selectable paper paths for scanning items such as thick documents, plastic cards such as insurance or embossed cards, and driver licenses. Canon will also feature a partner showing EMR software running in conjunction with the DR-C125.
- imageFORMULA P-215 mobile document scanner reflects Canon's imageANYWARE capabilities, helping to allow employees to work virtually any time or anywhere. The P-215 measures only 11 inches long, weighs just over two pounds and incorporates an automatic document feeder (ADF) in a sleek design. This scanner also includes an integrated card scanner, capable of handling plastic cards such as insurance or embossed cards, and driver licenses, and it can be powered via a single USB cable. Canon will show the P-215 integrated with a tablet PC onto an Ergotron StyleView® PHD LCD Cart, 1 Drawer, LiFe Powered, to demonstrate maximum mobility.
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 Medical environments can help increase productivity with the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5030 model which features a range of collaboration tools, streamlined one-step operations for complicated tasks, the power to perform multiple jobs concurrently, and security solutions to aid in HIPAA compliance - all in a compact footprint.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With $45.6 billion in 2011 global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in patent holdings in the U.S. in 2011†, and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2011. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
Availability, prices, and specifications of all products are subject to change without notice. Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
1 Examples based on typical settings, rated in pages/images per minute with letter-sized documents, portrait feeding direction, up to 200 dpi. Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application software.