Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera.
Affected ProductEOS-1D X Digital SLR Camera
DetailsFirmware Version 1.2.4 incorporates the following improvements and fixes:
1. Improves the speed of the camera’s acquisition of focus when using a
Canon Speedlite’s AF-assist beam.
2. Reduces the time it takes to display the metering result on the LCD or Viewfinder when the meter has been activated.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which a “Caution 02” message is unnecessarily recorded in the camera status log.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which continuous shooting pauses when using a Canon Speedlite.
5. Fixes a phenomenon, when the Canon GP-E1 is attached, in which the GPS device settings are reset to default settings when the camera has been powered off.
Note: *This phenomenon occurs only with firmware Ver. 1.2.1. After changing the GPS device settings, please be sure to power off the camera before removing the battery. This will ensure that the camera's GPS device settings will be saved.
Firmware Version 1.2.4 is for cameras with firmware version 1.2.1 or earlier.
If your camera’s firmware is already Version 1.2.4, it is not necessary to
update the firmware. When updating your camera’s firmware, please review the
instructions thoroughly before you update the firmware.
The firmware update takes approximately seven minutes.
SupportThe new Firmware Version 1.2.4 can be downloaded by clicking here.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the EOS-1D X. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|