PS Elph 330
In a nutshell... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. No complaints & I recommend this camera to anyone who loves photography as much as I do. I have a Canon Rebel T1i which I absolutely love & adore, but I carry the PS Elph 330 in my purse everyday.
February 28, 2014
This is about my 7th digital camera, and I never thought i could get so frustrated by interfacing with a camera. I still have no idea how to change the frame rate for videos.(maybe it doesnt have the ability) Took me forever to find out where the menu for changing video quality is. Totally non intuitive, at least for me. My SD card reader was having problems so i foolishly tried using the wifi to transfer pictures to my pc. I guess the wifi is only for smart phones and tablets, and social networking users who want their pics to go direct to a third party. Software crashes when I tried to run it. The Manual is useless.
January 18, 2014
mechanically phenomenal, but software issues.
Mechanically, this is an amazing cam. The controls and menus are remarkably well designed.
That said, here are my gripes:
1. I tried to install the XP software but all software included with the cam and all updated versions on the website fail to load and produce only an error message. Thankfully I'm a linux user and only use my XP machine in emergencies, a program called "Digikam" can let me use the core features...
2. I am irked by the 10 minute limitation for video recording, I made a little cat video and the cam cut it at 10 minutes even though there is no technological resaon why it couldn't continue recording for hours.
3. The camera is a slippery little bugger, make sure you use the wrist strap to avoid fumbling it! (file this under useful advice).
4. The camera doesn't have direct filesystem access via USB or wifi.
5. The wifi connection is perfectly easy to set up but I can't do anything with it because the software doesn't work. It exposes a proprietary service around port 15,000 but there's no utility to do anything useful with it.
6. The camera can't seem to be used as a webcam. (I was hoping for a device that would do an OK job at everything, and then after winning the lottery buy a camera with a CCD big enough to resolve the serial numbers on the parts left by the moon missions.)
January 10, 2014
Best pocket point and shoot
I decided on this model because of the "hand held low light setting". I have used this camera at an outing for a Christmas light display, it was very cold. This camera performed better than I had hoped, the battery lasted for 4.5 hours in temperatures in the single digits. Once I had my settings it was easy to use with gloves on. It is a little small to make changes with gloves on, however great results when you don't want to carry all the big equipment. I have next year's Christmas card using a picture with this camera.
January 8, 2014