Limited paper compatibility
1. This printer absolutely will not make a decent print on anything except photo paper. Of course I'm a graphic designer so decent means something different to me than to an average user. It makes beautiful graphic prints on photo paper, so my portfolio looks fabulous but I cannot print on any kind of cardstock; it absolutely will not print well. So my Christmas cards look bad.
2. Also, it refuses to print envelopes; they always feed crooked. I have to print about ten to get just one to look decent.
3. I have had instances where the color will suddenly print wrong. I was printing a portfolio the night before a job interview and it suddenly refused to print high quality, and everything was purple. Thankfully I had a backup, but it's unreliable.
4. The print head will also skip around if there is a misfeed and you risk it coming off track and needing service.
5. Uses A LOT of ink.
6. The print driver will not allow you to add custom print sizes in some programs, including Adobe InDesign.
In all, the print quality is excellent if you only need simple paper prints. If you are a designer and need more options, look elsewhere.
December 4, 2013
Well, to start with I found this printer on-line to replace a 6 yr old Canon iP6700 photo printer that died due to a surge. The iX worked for 8 days then quite connecting with the computer. The USB port on the printer is defective. Otherwise, it's a really nice printer when it first arrived.
September 14, 2013
Eye piercing blue LED
The eye piercing blue LED is a big distraction. They should've done red or green for a power on indicator.
September 4, 2013
Good Unit But an Ink Hog
I wanted a no frills basic printer, as I print a lot of photos. This one is very good. Prints fast with excellent results, though I have not had need to try printing in oversized formats as of yet. The one complaint is that this is an ink hog. The canisters are very small and thus run out very quickly. The expense adds up very quickly. I've had to do basic printing in B&W from an old Canon unit and it still feels like this one sops up the ink incredibly fast. If you only print sporadically it will be fine. Just be aware of the ink expense.
August 26, 2013
Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors. See www.usa.canon.com/chromalife100plus for additional details.
Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
Requires mobile phone equipped with PictBridge technology and a USB cable.
Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed is measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage. See www.usa.canon.com/printspeed for additional information.
ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set. Copy speed is the average of FCOT, ISO/IEC 24735 Annex D. ADF copy speed is the average of ESAT in General Performance Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24735, excluding time to copy the first set. See www.usa.canon.com/ipm for additional details.
System requirements vary by application.
Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions. See www.canon.com/support for details.
To access CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM from a qualifying Canon printer, all of the software that came with the printer and the full set of compatible genuine Canon ink tanks must be properly installed.
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Actual prices are determined by individual dealers and may vary.