Thank you for using Canon products.
It has been confirmed that when using Canon Network Video Recording Software RM-64 / RM-25 / RM-9 v1.0 in connection with an event-driven recording (sensor recording, motion detection recording, intelligent function recording or volume detection recording) is made in H.264 format, incorrect time information may be recorded or a part of the recorded image may not be played back with Canon Network Video Recording Software RM-64 / RM-25 / RM-9 v1.0.
This phenomenon occurs when all three conditions listed below are met and the transmission of data is interrupted due to unstable network communication conditions during the video recording interval (or between events).
(1) Canon Network Video Recording Software RM-64 / RM-25 / RM-9 v1.0 is used.
(2) Recording is made in H.264 format.
(3) "Recording before an event" function is set to on. How to Identify Cameras eligible for the Firmware Update:
SupportPlease download updater to the latest version (v2.0 or later) from Canon Web site, and update the software.
Identification of the Affected Products
Follow the procedure below to verify which Canon Network Video Recording Software RM-64 / RM-25 / RM-9 version is in use.
1) Start the Viewer.
2) Click [Version information] from the [Help] menu.
3) Confirm the software version in the displayed screen.
▪ v1.0: Affected
▪ v2.0 (or later): Not affected
Customer Support Operationsons
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|