Photo Paper Settings
Optimizing how you print can make all the difference, so take a tip from Michael and make sure you're set to the right photo paper setting. In most Canon printers, the default Media Type is set to "Plain Paper", but if you're trying to print a photo on photo paper, you'll want to change the setting to the appropriate photo paper to help achieve outstanding photo prints. It's only a couple of quick clicks, but when you change this setting, your printer will adjust the scan rate, the ink output, and the number of colors reproduced, so you get sharp, vivid photos.
Making it Work
For Windows users (using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer)
Got your photo open? Click the "Printer" icon to bring up the Photo Printing Wizard.
For Mac users
- Click "Next"
- Select the photo you want to print and click "Next" again
- Select your printer, click the "Printing Preferences" button and a new window will open
- Under the "Main" tab, make sure the Media Type is set to the type of photo paper you are using, or change the setting as necessary
- Click "OK"
- Click "Next" again to check the photo layout
- Hit "Next" one last time to start printing
On Apple computers, you can open photos using Preview.
- Select "File" and then "Print" from the menu to bring up the print dialog box
- Under the preset drop down box, select "Photo on Photo Paper"
- Click the "Print" button to start printing
Bonus Tips! |
* "To install using Windows(R) OS, .NET Framework 4 is required. Compatible still image formats are PDF (created using Canon PDF Creator only), JPEG (Exif), TIFF, and PNG. Compatible video formats are MOV (from select Canon digital cameras only) and MP4 (from select Canon digital camcorders only)."
- To get the best results, print photos on photo paper. While this might sound obvious, there's a good reason why: photo paper is specially coated to better hold the ink deposited when your printer is in photo printing mode. Canon offers a wide variety of specially formulated photo papers designed to work best with our printers.
- Want to become your own photo-printing wizard? Try Canon's My Image Garden* software to get great ideas on how to print your photos. With My Image Garden, you can print and organize your photos in a fun and easy way with great facial recognition, fun filters, create personalized items, print still images from video, correct and enhance photos, and so much more! To learn more about Canon's My Image Garden,
A Little About Michael, |
Canon Printer Tech Support Rep
With a knack for troubleshooting, Michael has been a natural at the Canon Call Center in Chesapeake since his first day. But when he's not answering your printer questions, he likes to kick back with some old school jazz.