Did You Know?
- Counterfeit products violate federal and state laws, including copyright and trademark laws.
- Funds generated from sales of counterfeit products have been linked to terrorist organizations and organized crime.
- For example, the 1993 World Trade Center bombings were purportedly financed, in part, by sales of counterfeit designer-brand clothing.
- Some counterfeit products are produced using child and/or slave labor.
- Therefore, purchases of these products help perpetuate these practices.