Thank you for using Canon products.
Canon has released a firmware update for the EOS 5D Mark III.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Fixes a phenomenon in which the flash may not fire depending on the timing of when the shutter button is pressed.
2. Fixes a phenomenon in which the AF microadjustment value may change.*
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the LCD monitor may show a line of false color along boundaries of high contrast.
4. Fixes a phenomenon in which the histogram of a LiveView image is incorrectly displayed when an HDMI cable is connected.
5. Enables the brightness of the camera’s LCD monitor to be adjusted even when an HDMI cable is connected.
* The phenomenon listed in 2 was addressed with Firmware Version 1.2.1, and has been further improved with Firmware Version 1.2.3.
Firmware Version 1.2.3 is for cameras with firmware up to Version 1.2.1. If the camera's firmware is already Version 1.2.3, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
When updating the firmware of your camera, please first review the instructions thoroughly before you download the firmware.
The new Firmware Version 1.2.3 can be downloaded by clicking here.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the EOS 5D Mark III. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when future firmware updates become available for download. If you already registered, please ensure you are opted-in to receive the notification.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|