Canon Network Video Solutions Software Developers Kit General
Thanks for your interest in Canon U.S.A.'s Network Video Solutions Software Developer Relations Program. This program is designed to supply the current version of the Canon Network Video Solutions Software Developers Kit (SDK) to computer programmers residing in North America who wish to develop customized software applications for Canon Network Video Solutions products.
The SDK is not a replacement for the software disk that was supplied with your Canon Network Video Solutions product. If you have reached this page in error while looking for Canon Network Video Solutions product software, please
Canon's Network Video SDK includes programming documentation for the VB-C60, VB-C300, VB-C500VD, VB-C500D, VB-M40, VB-M600D, VB-M600VE, VB-M700F, VB-H41, VB-H610D, VB-H610VE and VB-H710F network cameras. Inside the SDK, you will find the following contents:
- HTTP Web View Protocol - Video transmission, PTZ control, session management and other camera functions over HTTP.
- HTTP Setting Protocol - Retrieval and modification of parameter values over HTTP.
- HTTP Audio Protocol - Audio transport over HTTP.
- H.264 Tutorial ? Information on how to extract and save H.264 video streams (applies for megapixel products only).
- Sample Code - Complete Java and C# code demonstrating video transmission and simple camera control.
With these resources at hand, software programmers will be able to
utilize Canon network cameras to their fullest potential.
In order to take full advantage of our SDK, we recommend that you
make sure the firmware of your camera meets the following
- VB-C60 Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-C500D/VB-C500VD Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-C300 Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-M40 Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-M600D/VB-M600VE Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-M700F Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-H41 Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-H610D/VB-H610VE Firmware v1.0 or later
- VB-H710F Firmware v1.0 or later
SDK Application Form & License Agreement
Please fill out all required fields in the online application form with complete and accurate data if you wish to receive the SDK. When you submit an SDK application, you get a registration confirmation screen informing you that your SDK application has been received. Your application will then be reviewed and you will be contacted by a Canon representative.