Built-in Wi-Fi® allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#; to a PC or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS® or Android device* with the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app**
The PowerShot ELPH 330 HS is equipped with enhanced built-in Wi-Fi® for on-the-go convenience when you want to share what you've recorded with friends, family and the whole world. The camera can connect directly to both iOS® and Android devices*, and upload images via the free Canon CameraWindow app** without a computer. Easily post your images to your favorite social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY# or save them to the online photo album to share anytime, anywhere. The camera's built-in Wi-Fi® also lets you transfer images and video directly to your computer to update friends and family while you're traveling or out and about. Enhanced Wi-Fi® makes posting in real time possible, so you can keep everyone up to date with photos even as events unfold. Easily control the destination of your uploads to social networking sites; share with everyone, or send photos to selected groups. Post to groups, add comments, and edit and upload MOV video files from both iOS® and Android devices*. Frequently used devices and accounts are stored in the camera's Wi-Fi® history menu, so you can immediately connect with a simple touch. Share with other Wi-Fi® equipped PowerShot cameras, send images to your computer, and print your photos to Wi-Fi® compatible printers^. Built-in Wi-Fi® on the PowerShot ELPH 330 HS makes it easier than ever for you to express your creative flair, and share it with the entire world!
# One-time registration is required on CANON iMAGE GATEWAY online photo album.
* Compatible with IOS version 5.1/6.0/6.1 or later and Android devices version 2.3/4.0/4.1 or later.
** This software enables you to upload images to social network services. Before uploading images, please be aware that image files may contain privacy related information such as people and places. If necessary, please delete such information. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this software.
^ Wireless PictBridge certified printer is required.
PS Elph 330
In a nutshell... LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. No complaints & I recommend this camera to anyone who loves photography as much as I do. I have a Canon Rebel T1i which I absolutely love & adore, but I carry the PS Elph 330 in my purse everyday.
February 28, 2014
This is about my 7th digital camera, and I never thought i could get so frustrated by interfacing with a camera. I still have no idea how to change the frame rate for videos.(maybe it doesnt have the ability) Took me forever to find out where the menu for changing video quality is. Totally non intuitive, at least for me. My SD card reader was having problems so i foolishly tried using the wifi to transfer pictures to my pc. I guess the wifi is only for smart phones and tablets, and social networking users who want their pics to go direct to a third party. Software crashes when I tried to run it. The Manual is useless.
January 18, 2014
mechanically phenomenal, but software issues.
Mechanically, this is an amazing cam. The controls and menus are remarkably well designed.
That said, here are my gripes:
1. I tried to install the XP software but all software included with the cam and all updated versions on the website fail to load and produce only an error message. Thankfully I'm a linux user and only use my XP machine in emergencies, a program called "Digikam" can let me use the core features...
2. I am irked by the 10 minute limitation for video recording, I made a little cat video and the cam cut it at 10 minutes even though there is no technological resaon why it couldn't continue recording for hours.
3. The camera is a slippery little bugger, make sure you use the wrist strap to avoid fumbling it! (file this under useful advice).
4. The camera doesn't have direct filesystem access via USB or wifi.
5. The wifi connection is perfectly easy to set up but I can't do anything with it because the software doesn't work. It exposes a proprietary service around port 15,000 but there's no utility to do anything useful with it.
6. The camera can't seem to be used as a webcam. (I was hoping for a device that would do an OK job at everything, and then after winning the lottery buy a camera with a CCD big enough to resolve the serial numbers on the parts left by the moon missions.)
January 10, 2014
Best pocket point and shoot
I decided on this model because of the "hand held low light setting". I have used this camera at an outing for a Christmas light display, it was very cold. This camera performed better than I had hoped, the battery lasted for 4.5 hours in temperatures in the single digits. Once I had my settings it was easy to use with gloves on. It is a little small to make changes with gloves on, however great results when you don't want to carry all the big equipment. I have next year's Christmas card using a picture with this camera.
January 8, 2014