The EOS C500 PL comes complete with essential I/O interfaces via professional-grade BNC and multi-pin connectors.
• Two 3G-SDI connectors output the Canon Log Gamma and audio signals at resolution and frame rates established within the EOS C500 PL's 4K/2K priority modes.
• Two Monitor connectors can be used to feed a video signal to an external monitor in 4K/2K priority mode, with a choice of either Rec709 or Wide DR color-adjustment, look-up tables (LUTs). (Marker, zebra and peaking signals can be set to output to only one of the monitor ports.) Signal format is YCC 4:2:2, 10-bit.
• A Sync Out connection carries a choice of HD Sync/HD-Y or SD black burst/composite signals.
• A Genlock Input can be used for synchronizing the camera with an external video device.
• A Timecode In/Out connector enables the EOS C500 to either lock to external timecode or feed its internally generated timecode to external systems.
• An HD/SD SDI connector serves as a standard interface for commercial HD equipment, with multiplexed audio and video signals in a digital format.
• Two XLR Audio connectors are provided on the modular monitor control unit. The audio inputs provide 2-channel audio recording with the ability to switch between line-level, mic-level and mic-level with phantom power supply.