Follow the instruction below, to upgrade from older version, which Network Camera VB-C10/VB-C10R and Network Camera Server VB101 and VB150 are equipped with, to the latest version.
1. Download the file and unzip
2. Copy (overwrite) two upgrade files to the designated directory, using ftp
Please check the system requirements, notes and installation instructions before using the file.
For the latest version of JRE Ver.1.6 (Update 06), go to the following website and download "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 Update 6".
Sun Microsystems, Inc. has released the latest Java Runtime Environment,
version, JRE v1.6., As a result, Canon has released a Java Viewer (Java
applet) compatible with JRE v.1.6, which is now available for download:
VB101/VB-C10/VB-C10R: LiveApplet_3610 => LiveApplet_4125
VB150: LiveApplet_4012 => LiveApplet_4125
Prior to the release of JRE v.1.6 and Canon's compatible Java Viewer,
when viewing camera images using a Java Viewer equipped in network camera
servers, the following phenomena may have been observed:
1. In some cases, it was not possible to connect to the camera using the Java
Viewer via proxy.
2. When the camera was connected using the Java Viewer, images would not be
updated which prevented movies from being displayed.
Windows 2000(SP4) / Internet Explorer 6.0(SP1)
Windows XP(SP1a) / Internet Explorer 6.0(SP1)
Windows XP(SP2) / Internet Explorer 6.0(SP2),7.0
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (SP1)/ Internet Explorer 6.0(SP1),7.0
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition (SP2) / Internet Explorer 6.0(SP2),7.0
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition / Internet Explorer 6.0(SP1),7.0
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition (SP2) / Internet Explorer 6.0(SP2),7.0
Windows Vista (Business, Enterprise,Ultimate) SP1 / Internet Explorer 7.0
- You are required to use ftp for the upgrade. Be sure to use the binary mode for transfer.
- Don't use any files, which are not relevant to the upgrade. If files are moved or deleted, the camera might not operate properly.
- Follow the instruction below to download and install the file.
- The file is a self-extracting file.
1. Click the file to open the download window, and then click [Save].
2. Specify where to save the file (ex. desktop) and click [Save]. A file with the same name (exe file) is downloaded to the specified location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to automatically extract the file and create a folder.
4. Copy (overwrite) 'lvapplet.zip' and 'lvapplet.cab' in the folder to the following directory without extracting, using binary mode of ftp.
VB101, VB150: /ARCHIVE/
5. Reboot the camera.