ImageBrowser 6.6.0b Updater is software that will update a previously installed version of ImageBrowser to ImageBrowser 6.6.0b.
It is necessary that the previous version of your software have been installed when you use this updater on your computer.
Mac OS X
English | Spanish | French | Japanese | Chinese
Changes for ImageBrowser 6.6.0b;
1. Support the following products.
EOS 60D, PowerShot SX30 IS, PowerShot G12, IXY 50S / PowerShot SD 4500 IS Digital ELPH / IXUS 1000 HS, PowerShot SX130 IS, PowerShot S95, iVIS HF M32 / VIXIA HF M32 / LEGRIA HF M32
2. Changes the name of the rating feature from "Star Rating" to "Rating" and changes the number of available star ratings.
Before, there were only three rating levels from "1 Star" to "3 Stars" in "Star Rating". Now, the new "Rating" feature is of seven rating levels from "Unrated" to "5 Stars" with an additional "Reject" setting.
(Default setting: Unrated)
Furthermore, the "Rating" feature is compatible with other applications, such as Digital Photo Professional v3.9 or later.
1. Supported OSes
- Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.6 (Russian is not supported by 10.4.)
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed, that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- Still/Movie(AVI): Power PC G4, G5, or Intel processors
- Movie(MOV): Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or faster(Full HD), Core Duo 1.66GHz or faster(SD/HD)
- Still/Movie(AVI): 1 GB or greater (Mac OS X 10.6),512 MB or greater (Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.5)
- Movie(MOV): 1GB or greater
Hard Disk Space;
- 300 MB or greater
3. Installation/Update Requirement
ImageBrowser is installed on Macintosh.
The user must have the installation CD for a previous version of ImageBrowser (PowerShot Browser).
- 1,024 × 768 dots and more
1. To users of the EOS digital cameras, PowerShot G10, or PowerShot SX1 IS, PowerShot G11, PowerShot S90, PowerShot G12, PowerShot S95 (RAW model) cameras:
When installing ImageBrowser 6.6.0, use Digital Photo Professional to develop RAW images.
*As ImageBrowser does not support RAW images, please use Digital Photo Profressional when handling RAW images. The latest version of Digital Photo Professional can be downloaded separately.
*For details on the supported models, please check the Digital Photo Professional download pages.
2. ImageBrowser 6.6.0b Updater does not include EOS Utility and CamerWindow, the applications used for connecting cameras. When downloading images, please use a memory card, or install EOS Utility or CameraWindow from the CD-ROM bundled with the product (if you wish to connect your camera using a USB cable).
The users of ImageBrowser 6.4 can continue using CameraWindow as is.
To update ImageBrowser from ImageBrowser 6.3 or earlier, download ImageBrowser 6.5.3 Updater.
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
The file to be downloaded is saved as a disk image file.
Check whether ImageBrowser (PowerShot Browser) is already installed on the PC or whether you have the installation CD for any of these applications.
1. Download "ibx-upd-6-6-0b-12-u01-8l.dmg.gz" from the download page.
2. Double-click the "ibx-upd-6-6-0b-12-u01-8l.dmg.gz".After decompressing the file, "IBX_UPD_6_6_0b_12_U01_8L.dmg" will be created.
3. Double-click "IBX_UPD_6_6_0b_12_U01_8L.dmg".A drive named "IBX_UPD_660b" will automatically be created on the desktop.
4. Double-click the "UpdateInstaller" inside the "IBX_UPD_660b" drive.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.