Details - Network Camera VB-M700F/VB-M600D/VB-M600VE/VB-M40/VB-C60/VB-C500 Backup/Restore Tool Ver. 2.0.1
VB-M700F/VB-M600D/VB-M600VE/VB-M40/VB-C60/VB-C500 Backup/Restore Tool is installation and maintenance supporting software for backing up or restoring settings of network camera VB-M700F/VB-M600D/VB-M600VE/VB-M40/VB-C60/VB-C500.
English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese
VB-M40 firmware version 1.0.1 support added.
Windows XP Home Edition 32bit (sp3),IE7 or IE8
Windows XP Professional 32bit (sp3),IE7 or IE8
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition 32bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition 32bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit/64bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows Vista Business 32bit/64bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit/64bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows Vista Enterprise 32bit/64bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit/64bit,IE8
Windows 7 Professional 32bit/64bit,IE8
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit/64bit,IE8
Windows 7 Enterprise 32bit/64bit,IE8
Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition 32bit/64bit (sp2),IE7 or IE8
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition,IE7 or IE8
<For Backup Tool / Restore Tool>
• Do not disconnect or turn off the camera during the backup or restore processes. Doing so may damage the camera.
• Do not run Backup Tool or Restore Tool on multiple PCs connected to the same network at the same time. Doing so may damage the camera.
• When using Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008/2008R2, do not store the Backup Tool executable file (NetworkCameraBK.exe) and the Restore Tool executable file (NetworkCameraRS.exe) in "C:\Windows" or "C:\Program Files". Log files may not save properly if you do so. In addition, do not save backup files to "C:\Windows" or "C:\Program Files".
• Close all other applications before using Backup Tool or Restore Tool. In addition, make sure the cameras are not connected to other applications, including the software installed on the cameras, VK-64/VK-16 Viewer, RM-Lite Viewer, etc.
• Do not run multiple instances of the tool on the same PC. Although a tool can be run with an older version at the same time, operation is not guaranteed in such cases.
• Use the tools in a stable network environment, such as an intranet.
• Backup Tool and Restore Tool perform backup and restore processes via FTP communication with the camera. Backup and restore processes via a proxy server are not supported. When using a router or another device between the cameras and the PC on which the tools are running, make sure to enable FTP in your network environment.
• SSL encrypted transmission is not supported.
• If the font size is set to [Extra Large Fonts] or [Large Fonts], the text for window titles may be truncated.
• If you click the [Browse] button and specify a nonexistent drive in the file selection dialog box in a Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows Server 2008/2008R2 environment, a system message may appear.
<For Backup Tool only>
• If a backup file is saved under the same name as the log file, the log information will be added to the backup file. Be sure to save each backup file under a different name from the log file.
• The log file name is initially set to "NetworkCameraBK.log".
<For Restore Tool only>
• Restore Tool allows you to select whether to restore the administrator password.
However, the authorized user list and password will be restored, regardless of the above selection.
• If the administrator password is restored, it will revert to the one that was in place when the backup file was created. Therefore, before starting the restore process, make sure to check the administrator password that was in place when the backup file was created.
• Backup files that have been modified, such as by editing or processing, cannot be restored.
• Backup files can be restored only when the file version matches that of Restore Tool.
• Backup files can be restored only on network cameras where the camera model, video signal (NTSC or PAL), and audio input (enabled or disabled) all match the corresponding information of the backup file.
• Backup files can be restored only when the firmware versions at the time of backup and restore correspond with each other, or when the firmware version of the camera, on which the file will be restored, is more recent.
• Restore Tool does not restore network setting values (address setting method, IP address, subnet mask, default gateway, LAN interface, maximum transmission unit, whether to enable or disable IPv6), so the information will remain the same as the camera’s current settings. In addition, the following items will not be restored depending on the model.
– VB-C60 and VB-C500: LED settings
– VB-M40, VB-M600, and VB-M700F: Settings related to SSL and IPsec
- Follow the procedure below to download the file.
- The file is a self-extracting file.
1. Click the file below to open the download window, and then click [Save].
2. Specify where to save the file (ex. on the desktop) and click [Save]. A file with the same name (.exe file) is downloaded to the specified location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to automatically extract the file and create a folder.
4. Double-click the pdf file in the folder to open. Follow the instruction explained in the manual for how to backup and restore.