- ROMVUp: Printer upgrade utility software to upgrade functionality of the USB-connected MP830
- MP830113.dat: Firmware data (software) for the MP830
- Upgrade Procedures for Macintosh.htm: About the printer upgrade utility software
- Supports Mac OS X v10.7.
- Supports Mac OS X v10.6.
- In previous software versions, an error was likely to occur when the telephone line conditions were bad and transmission to a certain competitor FAX machine was attempted. In version 1.13, this has been rectified.
- In previous software versions, during simultaneous multiple transmission or broadcast fax transmission, the machine froze while displaying "Memory in use: 10%." In version 1.13, this has been rectified.
- Mac OS X 10.2.8/10.3.9/10.4.11/10.5.8/10.6/10.7
- Computer: A computer with guaranteed OS X operation
- Memory: Amount of memory in which OS operation is guaranteed
- Interface: USB interface
- Display: Resolution of 800 x 600 or higher
If you have the machine with a serial number below,
please upgrade the firmware.
- USA model:AAET00001 - AAET99999,AAKK25220 - AAKK43885
- The upgrade cannot be performed via the network.
- Before the upgrade, install the MP830 printer driver to the computer via USB connection.
- Connect a single MP830 unit to the computer via the USB cable, and disconnect all other printer units. The upgrade cannot be performed properly if two or more printer units are connected to the computer.
- When you are in "Classic" environment, you will not be able to upgrade the firmware: exit "Classic".
- Only English is displayed during operation.
- Please check if any received faxes are stored in memory and then print them before proceeding. The firmware upgrade sequence deletes all fax documents from memory.
One touch dial and speed dials data are kept in memory. You will not need to input this data again.
- When the clock inside the MP830 has been reset, adjust it
Download fu103mp830osx113en.dmg from the web site to the desktop of your computer, and double-click it. It will be decompressed to the fu103mp830osx113en folder. Double-click it to open, and read Upgrade Procedures for (Mac).htm in the folder.