- ROMVUp: Printer upgrade utility software to upgrade functionality of a USB-connected MX850
- MX850_V1030.dat: Firmware data (software) for the MX850
- UpgradeProcedure(Mac).htm: Step-by-step upgrade procedures and other important information regarding the upgrade such as cautions.
- Supports Mac OS X v10.7.
- Supports Mac OS X v10.6.
- In the previous firmware versions, when the MX850 was connected to the LAN and was in the power-saving mode (with the LCD turned off), a fax could not be received in some instances. In the upgraded firmware, this problem is rectified.
- In the previous firmware versions, when a certain network TV and the MX850 were connected to the same LAN, printing from PC could not be performed in some instances. In the upgraded firmware, this problem is rectified.
- Mac OS X 10.2.8/10.3.9/10.4.11/10.5.8/10.6/10.7
- Computer: Mac OS X operating Macintosh computer
- Memory: OS operation-guaranteed memory capacity
- Interface: USB
- Printer cable: USB cable
- Display: 800 x 600 or higher resolution
If you have the machine with a serial number below,
please upgrade the firmware.
- USA model: ABBE00001 - ABBE51323
- The upgrade cannot be performed via network.
- Before the upgrade, install the MX850 printer driver to the computer via USB connection.
- Connect a single MX850 unit to the computer via a USB cable, and disconnect all other printer units.
The upgrade cannot be performed properly if two or more printer units are connected to the computer.
- Exit Classic. The upgrade cannot be performed if application software under Classic is active.
- Be sure to read UpgradeProcedure(Mac).htm.
- Please check if any received faxes are stored in memory and then print them before proceeding. The firmware upgrade sequence deletes all fax documents from memory.
One touch dial and speed dials data are kept in memory. You will not need to input this data again.
- When the clock inside the MX850 has been reset, adjust it
Download fu103mx850osx1030en.dmg from the web site to the desktop screen of your computer, and double-click it. It will be decompressed to the fu103mx850osx1030en disk image file. Double-click to open it, and read UpgradeProcedure(Mac).htm in the file.