- RomVUp: Printer upgrade utility software to upgrade functionality of a USB-connected MX700
- MX700_V1080.dat: Firmware data (software) for the MX700
- UpgradeProcedure(Mac).htm: Step-by-step upgrade procedures and other important information regarding the upgrade such as cautions.
- During a call on a phone connected to the external device jack of the printer, depending on the usage environment, the printer entered the fax reception mode and the call was terminated. In the new firmware version, this problem is rectified.
- Mac OS X 10.2.8/10.3.9/10.4.11/10.5.8/10.6/10.7
- Computer: Mac OS X operating Macintosh computer
- Memory: OS operation-guaranteed memory capacity
- Interface: USB
- Printer cable: USB cable
- Display: 800 x 600 or higher resolution
If you have the machine with a serial number below,
please upgrade the firmware.
- USA model: AAXN00001 - AAXN96803
- The upgrade cannot be performed via network.
- Before the upgrade, install the MX700 printer driver to the computer via USB connection.
- Connect a single MX700 unit to the computer via a USB cable, and disconnect all other printer units. The upgrade cannot be performed properly if two or more printer units are connected to the computer.
- Exit Classic. The upgrade cannot be performed if application software under Classic is active.
- Be sure to read UpgradeProcedure(Mac).htm.
- Please check if any received faxes are stored in memory and then print them before proceeding. The firmware upgrade sequence deletes all fax documents from memory.
One touch dial and speed dials data are kept in memory. You will not need to input this data again.
- When the clock inside the MX700 has been reset, adjust it again.
Download fu103mx700sosx1080en.dmg from the web site to the desktop screen of your computer, and double-click it. It will be decompressed to the fu103mx700sosx1080en disk image file. Double-click to open it, and read UpgradeProcedure(Mac).htm in the file.