A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the network cable (LAN cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect LAN cable.
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer if it has FAX function.
- Do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The Printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, select [Save], and specify the directory where you want to save the file. Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.
*How to find iC2300's IP address in order to use the Remote UI function for firmware update.
Press [Additional Functions] key on iC2300 operation panel.
Press [F3] key five times until "06 SYSTEM SETTINGS" is selected.
Press [F3] key twice until "03 NETWORK SETTINGS" is selected.
Press [F3] key eight times until "09 VIEW IP ADDRESS" is selected.
The IP address is indicated on LCD screen. Write down the IP address, you will input it to web browser URL area later.
Press [stop] key to go back default screen.