English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Russian | Chinese
Modifications from Ver.1.32
- In case the nozzles are clogged, formerly you would stop printing and check the printout, and then continue printing by pressing the Online key.
Now it automatically checks the level of clogging, and if it is possible to print it will continue printing, and if it needs a printhead replacement, it will display a Replace Printhead message.
This modification will greatly improve the workability.
- For media that were added with the Media Configuration Tool,
Automatic Band Adjustment might have been failed. This problem has been fixed.
- [Paper Details]/[Return Defaults] function has been fixed.
* Hardware: Any computer running the software listed above.
* Interface Connectivity:
The printer and computer where this program is executed must be connected
with either of the following methods.
- Connected via a TCP/IP network and capable of printing via the network.
- Connected via a USB or IEEE 1394 port cable and capable of printing
as a local printer.
Note: Note: If you are using IEEE1394, IEEE1394 Class Driver is needed.
- You must log into Windows as an Administrator before the installation.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications
that are running.
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish
before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM,
you may not be able to start the printer. In this case,
contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) When you have downloaded the file, decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.