English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Russian | Chinese
Modifications from Ver.1.09 to Ver.1.10
1.The automatic maintenance operation of printhead has been optimized.
Modifications from Ver.1.06 to Ver.1.09
1. The specification for leading edge feeding for Premium Plain Paper has been changed.
Install Media Confuguration Tool Ver.3.42(Windos)/3.43(MacOSX), and run it to add the media information.
2. The error of file name in FTP printing has been fixed.
3. The problem in the recovery operation in paper-out condition has been fixed.
4. In HP-GL2, a lower roll paper has been added to the paper feed slot.
Modifications from Ver.1.04 to Ver.1.06
1.The problem that a printing failure would occur in some CAD applications depending of the setting has been fixed.
2.The problem that "2F26" error would be indicated in rare cases when using the paper width detection "OFF" has been fixed.
Modifications from Ver.1.03 to Ver.1.04
1. In case the nozzles are clogged, formerly you would stop printing and check the printout, and then continue printing by pressing the Online key.
Now it automatically checks the level of clogging, and if it is possible to print it will continue printing,
and if it needs a printhead replacement, it will display a Replace Printhead message.
2.This modification will greatly improve the workability.
- [Paper Details]/[Return Defaults] function has been fixed.
- Some functions in the HP-GL/2 have been improved.
Use this program with the systems and the operating environments below.
Software: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 64-bit edition, English Edition
Hardware: Any computer running the software listed above.
The printer and computer where this program is executed must be connected
with either of the following methods.
- Connected via a TCP/IP network and capable of printing via the network.
- Connected via a USB or IEEE 1394 port cable and capable of printing
as a local printer.
Note: If you are using IEEE1394, IEEE1394 Class Driver is needed.
* You must log into Windows as an Administrator before the installation.
* Before You start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
* Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running. If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before You execute the version update program.
* Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
* If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, You may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where You purchased the printer.
((1) Switch the printer on.
(2) When you have downloaded the file, decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.