- iPF720 Firmware Ver.1.12 (Firmware Update Tool Ver.3.40) for Windows x64
You can use this program to update the printer firmware version.
Windows 7 (x64)
Windows Vista (x64)
Windows XP (x64)
Windows Server 2003 (x64)
Windows Server 2008 (x64)
Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64)
English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Russian | Chinese
Modifications from Ver.1.11
- The failure that printer might not retrieve from sleep mode in rare cases has been fixed.
* Hardware: Any computer running the software listed above.
* Interface Connectivity:
The printer and computer where this program is executed must be connected
with either of the following methods.
- Connected via a TCP/IP network and capable of printing via the network.
- Connected via a USB or IEEE 1394 port cable and capable of printing as a local printer.
Note: Note: If you are using IEEE1394, IEEE1394 Class Driver is needed.
- You must log into Windows as an Administrator before the installation.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications
that are running.
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish
before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM,
you may not be able to start the printer. In this case,
contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.