English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Chinese
Modifications from Ver.1.07
1. Fixed the failure that white line appears on the image under certain printing conditions at the binary printing.
Modifications from Ver.1.04
1. A new print mode has been added for Glossy Paper/ Coated Paper/ Plain Paper.
2. The failure of recovery operation when out of paper has been fixed.
3. The operability of manual paper feeding from front has been improved.
4. "Automatic retraction time"for newspaper proofing media has been changed.
*To use the new function, you need to install the following software:
Printer Driver: Ver.4.40
Media Configuration Tool: Ver.3.3104
Mac OS X v10.2 - v10.5, English edition
The softwares above require the Intel processor or PowerPC of the Macintosh Series computers.
The printer and computer where this program is executed must be connected with either of the following methods.
- Connected via an AppleTalk network and capable of printing via the network.
- Connected via an Bonjour and capable of printing via the network.
- Connected via a USB or FireWire port cable and capable of printing as a local printer.
- Before you start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
- Before executing the firmware update of a printer connected to the network, make sure AppleTalk is selected "Active".
- Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running.
If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before you execute the version update program.
- Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
- If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, you may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where you purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) Decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.