A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates
with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LAN
cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as it
is not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX
interruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB
hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printing
while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the
printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files
and decompress them.
1. To download files, click [I Agree-Begin Download] icon, select [Save],
and specify the directory where you want to save the file.
Click [Save] to start the file download.
2. Downloaded files are saved in the specified folder in a self-extracting
format (.exe format).
3. Double-click the files to decompress them. A new folder will be created
in the same folder.
4. Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start
the firmware update.