This is information on upgrading network camera VB-C300. The latest version is "Ver. 1.1 Rev. 03". When a camera is upgraded from a previous version, the previous camera's settings are carried over. Please check the system requirements, notes, and installation instructions, when using this information with the latest version.
Fixes a phenomenon where a linefeed error occurs and audio communication is disconnected due to an incorrect response message in the audio protocol of the VB-C300 and VB-300B Network Cameras.
-Conditions of occurrence: this phenomenon occurs if the user creates software based on the audio protocol specifications. If the VK-64/VK-16 Network Video Recording Software or NC Viewer is used, this phenomenon will not occur.
Affected versions: V1.0Rev.01 to V1.1Rev.02
- Fixed problem with audio. (See above Changing)
Ver.1.1 Rev.02 / Ver.1.1 Rev.01
- Problem occurring during image transfer where on very few occasions transmission is interrupted has been fixed.
- In all, 6 languages are supported, namely Japanese, English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- The link to Product Information page has been removed from the top page.
- The following problem was fixed.
"Communication error occurs if particular letters are included in the camera name or the device name in the settings page."
"Some settings of time zone cannot be displayed properly on the settings page."
- The following communication error has been fixed.
A communication error that occurs with a specific combination of IP address of your PC and VB-C300/VB-C300B, in which the PC cannot recognize and communiate with the VB-C300/VB-C300B.
- Don't unplug or turn off the camera during the upgrade process, or it might cause damage to the camera.
- Don't run Firmware Upgrade Tool at the same time on two or more PCs, which are connected to the same network. It might cause damage to the camera.
- Quit all other applications before using Firmware Upgrade Tool. Make sure the network camera is disconnected from other software, such as viewers and VK-64/VK-16 viewers.
- Use the tool in a stable network environment, such as an intranet.
How to Check the Version
The version is displayed on the upper left of the Settings Title Page.
- Follow the procedure described below to download the file.
- The file is a self-extracting file.
1. Click the file mentioned below to open the download window, then click [Save].
2. Specify where to save the file (ex. on the desktop) and click [Save]. A file with the same name (.exe file) is downloaded to the specified location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to automatically extract the file and create a folder.
4. Double-click a pdf file in the folder to open. Follow the instruction in the manual to upgrade the version.