English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Russian | Chinese
Modifications from Ver.1.08 to Ver.1.12
1. The functions of HP-GL/2 have been enhanced and improved.
The followings show the configuration settings added to the menu of HP-GL/2 on the operation panel of the printer.
- Oversize: Sets the positions of the margins.
- Print centered: Sets the printing position on the paper.
- Enlarge/Reduce: Sets the enlargement or reduction.
- Ln wdth correct: Corrects the width of lines. (The basic line width is set using the Pen Setup function)
- Detect img size: Sets the method for selecting the rendering region.
Along with the addition of the settings above, functions of [PageSizeProcess1] and [PageSizeProcess2] have been deleted.
Modifications from Ver.1.04 to Ver.1.08
1. The problem that the community name setting in SNMP setting was not processed correctly has been fixed.
2. Shutdown timer function has been added.
After the printer goes into Sleep Mode, power will be turned off automatically when the situation that the printer is not operated continues until the time being set in advance by operation panel.
Setup time:OFF/ 5 min./ 10 min./ 30 min./ 1 hour/ 4 hours/ 8 hours*/ 12 hours *Initial value when updating version.
Modifications from Ver.1.00/Ver.1.01 to Ver.1.04
1. The fairly infrequent failure of printer not being able to retrieve from sleep mode properly has been fixed.
Use this program with the systems and the operating environments below.
Software: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Vista 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 64-bit edition, English Edition
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 64-bit edition, English Edition
Hardware: Any computer running the software listed above.
The printer and computer where this program is executed must be connected
with either of the following methods.
- Connected via a TCP/IP network and capable of printing via the network.
- Connected via a USB or IEEE 1394 port cable and capable of printing
as a local printer.
Note: If you are using IEEE1394, IEEE1394 Class Driver is needed.
* You must log into Windows as an Administrator before the installation.
* Before You start the firmware version update program, close any other applications that are running.
* Do not try to use the printer while the firmware version update program is running. If a print job is executing, cancel the print job or wait for the job to finish before You execute the version update program.
* Never switch off the target printer while the firmware version update program is running.
* If the firmware version update fails while writing to the flash ROM, You may not be able to start the printer. In this case, contact a Canon service center or the dealer where You purchased the printer.
(1) Switch the printer on.
(2) When you have downloaded the file, decompress it on your computer hard disk.
(3) Execute the setup file. The imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool is installed.
(4) From the Start menu, select Programs to execute imagePROGRAF Firmware Update Tool.