This is information on upgrading network camera VB-C500D/VB-C500VD. The latest version is "Ver. 1.1.2".
Firmware Version 1.1.2 incorporates the following changes.
1. Supports Internet Explorer 9.0.
2. Supports Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
3. Improves camera stability
Firmware Version 1.1.2 is for VB-C500D/VB-C500VD Network Cameras with firmware version 1.0.0 or 1.1.0. If the VB-C500D/VB-C500VD Network Camera’s firmware is already Version 1.1.2, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
If you decide to upgrade to this firmware, refer to the Firmware Upgrade Tool User's Manual (VBFUUM_C_E.pdf), and use the following firmware file and upgrade tool:
[Firmware file and tool]
English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese
- Support for Internet Explorer 9.0.
- Support for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
- Improved camera stability.
- In all, 6 languages are supported, namely Japanese, English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- On-screen display function has been added.
Windows XP Home Edition 32bit (SP3), IE6,IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows XP Professional 32bit (SP3), IE6,IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition 32bit (SP2), IE6,IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition 32bit (SP2), IE6,IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit/64bit (SP1/SP2), IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Vista Business 32bit/64bit (SP1/SP2), IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Vista Enterprise 32bit/64bit (SP1/SP2), IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit/64bit (SP1/SP2), IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64bit, IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Home Premium 32/64bit (SP1), IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Professional 32/64bit, IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Professional 32/64bit (SP1), IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Enterprise 32/64bit, IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Enterprise 32/64bit (SP1), IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64bit, IE8 or IE9
Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64bit (SP1), IE8 or IE9
Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition 32bit/64bit (SP1/SP2), IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition, IE7,IE8 or IE9
Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition(SP1) 64bit, IE7,IE8 or IE9
- Do not disconnect or turn off the camera during the update process. Doing so may damage the camera.
- Do not run Firmware Tool on multiple PCs connected to the same network at the same time. Doing so may damage the camera.
- Close all other applications before using Firmware Tool. In addition, make sure the cameras are not connected to other applications, including the software installed on the cameras, VK-64/VK-16 Viewer, RM-Lite Viewer, etc.
- Use the tool in a stable network environment, such as an intranet.
- How to Check the Version
The version is displayed on the upper left of the Settings Title Page.
- Follow the procedure described below to download the file.
The file is a self-extracting file.
1. Click the file mentioned below to open the download window, then click [Save].
2. Specify where to save the file (ex. on the desktop) and click [Save]. A file with the same name (.exe file) is downloaded to the specified location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to automatically extract the file and create a folder.
4. Double-click a pdf file in the folder to open. Follow the instruction in the manual to upgrade the version.