Modification of the error that abnormal image occurs upon FAX receiving JBIG image from some competitor's device.
You will be asked to enter the product serial number before downloading the firmware. The serial number usually found rear side of the printer.
A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LAN cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as it is not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX interruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click the file link, click [I Agree-Begin Download] , and then input printer serial number to start the file download.
2. Files are saved on your computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the Installer file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
6.Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.
This firmware includes all previous corrections and improvements.
Correction for the error that abnormal image occurs upon FAX receiving JBIG image from some competitor's device.
Correction for the error that no access point is displayed in the access point list of the operation panel if access point could not be detected automatically with Wifi.
Correction for the error that wireless LAN access is sometimes unavailable.
Correction for the error that the FAX broadcasting terminates after sending to about 20 destinations when the FAX broadcasting is performed to more than 50 destinations from PC FAX.
Correction for the error that blank page is rarely output with the document received from FAX and files sent from PC.
Specification change is made to the number of FAX received jobs from 10 to 30.
Correction for the following spelling mistake:
"System Settings" >
"Store/Print when Fowarding" to "Print when Forwarding"