This firmware resolves a problem that results in hatched areas in documents being completely black when printed with certain applications.
You will be asked to enter the product serial number before downloading the firmware. The serial number usually found rear side of the printer.
This firmware includes the following corrections and improvements:
The following problems have been resolved:
(1) A problem that results in hatched areas in documents being completely black when printed with certain applications
(2) A problem that, in rare cases, prevents users belonging to large groups from being authenticated with certain domains when using the Send function
The following improvements have been made:
(1) Optional support for the PS function has been added.
A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LAN cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as it is not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX interruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click the file link, click [I Agree-Begin Download] , and then input printer serial number to start the file download.
2. Files are saved on your computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the Installer file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
6.Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.