This update resolves a problem that, in rare cases, causes the device to no longer be able to connect using Wi-Fi
You will be asked to enter the product serial number before downloading the firmware. The serial number usually found rear side of the printer.
This firmware includes the following changes and improvements
[Changes in V04.08]
1. The following changes have been made for MF4890dw/4880dw/4770n.
(1) Resolved a problem that, in rare cases, causes the device to no longer be able to connect using Wi-Fi.
(2) Resolved a problem that causes originals on the platen glass to be unable to be scanned over a network connection using a PC with Mac Scanner Driver Ver. 1.60 installed.
A critical error may occur if another computer or application communicates with the printer (for example, printing) while the firmware is being updated.
Do not turn OFF the printer or disconnect the interface cable (USB or LAN cable) while the firmware is being updated.
* In order to prevent this error:
- Connect either USB cable or LAN cable. (USB cable is recommended, as it is not affected by other computers.)
- Disconnect the telephone cable from your printer to prevent FAX interruption while firmware update.
- When connecting with a USB cable, do not connect the cable via a USB hub, as this may cause a connection error.
- When the printer is connected with a LAN cable, do not perform printing while the firmware is being updated.
- The printer may need service when a critical error occurs, such as the printer will not function after it has been turned on.
Firmware and instruction files have been compressed.
The following instructions show you how to download the compressed files and decompress them.
1. To download files, click the file link, click [I Agree-Begin Download] , and then input printer serial number to start the file download.
2. Files are saved on your computer desktop.
3. Double-click the file to mount the Disk Image.
4. Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
5. Double-click the Installer file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
6.Open the decompressed PDF file. Follow this PDF instruction to start the firmware update.