English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese
Download and Installation Instructions
Firmware Ver. 1.1 Rev. 05 incorporates the following change:
1. Security for network communications enhanced.
Firmware Ver. 1.1 Rev. 05 is for VB-C300 Network Cameras with firmware version 1.0 or 1.1(Rev.00, Rev.02, or Rev.03). If the VB-C300 Network Camera's firmware is already Ver. 1.1 Rev. 05, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
If you decide to upgrade to this firmware, refer to the Firmware Upgrade Tool User's Manual (VBFUUM_C_E.pdf), and use the following firmware file and upgrade tool:
[Firmware file and tool]
Ver. 1.1 Rev.05
- Security for network communications enhanced.
Ver. 1.1 Rev.03
- Fixed problem with audio.
Ver. 1.1 Rev.02 / Ver. 1.1 Rev.01
- Problem occurring during image transfer where on very few occasions transmission is interrupted has been fixed.
Ver. 1.1 Rev.00
- In all, 6 languages are supported, namely Japanese, English, French, Italian, German and Spanish.
- The link to Product Information page has been removed from the top page.
- The following problem was fixed.
"Communication error occurs if particular letters are included in the camera name or the device name in the settings page."
- The following problem has been fixed.
"Some settings of time zone cannot be displayed properly on the settings page."
Ver. 1.0 Rev.02
- The following communication error has been fixed.
A communication error that occurs with a specific combination of IP address of your PC and VB-C300/VB-C300B, in which the PC cannot recognize and communicate with the VB-C300/VB-C300B.
WindowsXP(SP2) 32-bit/lnternetExplorer6.0(SP2),7.0 or 8.0
WindowsServer2003 StandardEdition 32-bit/lnternetExplorer6.0
WindowsServer2003 StandardEdition(SP1) 32-bit/lnternetExplorer6.0(SP1),7.0
WindowsServer2003 StandardEdition(SP2) 32-bit/lnternetExplorer6.0(SP2),7.0 or 8.0
WindowsServer2003 R2 StandardEdition 32-bit/lnternetExplorer6.0(SP1),7.0
WindowsServer2003 R2 StandardEdition(SP2) 32-bit/lnternetExplorer6.0(SP2),7.0 or 8.0
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32-bit/lnternetExplorer7.0,8.0 or 9.0
Windows Vista Business SP2 32-bit/lnternetExplorer7.0,8.0 or 9.0
Windows Vista Enterprise SP2 32-bit/lnternetExplorer7.0,8.0 or 9.0
Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 32-bit/lnternetExplorer7.0,8.0 or 9.0
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32-bit/lnternetExplorer8.0 or 9.0
Windows 7 Professional SP1 32-bit/lnternetExplorer8.0 or 9.0
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 32-bit/lnternetExplorer8.0 or 9.0
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32-bit/lnternetExplorer8.0 or 9.0
Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 32-bit/lnternetExplorer7.0,8.0 or 9.0
* Don't unplug or turn off the camera during the upgrade process, or it might cause damage to the camera.
* Don't run Backup Tool or Restore Tool at the same time on multiple PCs, which are connected to the same network. It might cause damage to the cameras.
* Quit all other applications before using Firmware Upgrade Tool, and make sure the network camera is disconnected from other software, such as NC Viewers and VK-64/VK-16 Viewers.
* Use the tool in a stable network environment, such as an intranet.
How to Check the Version
The version is displayed on the upper left of the Settings Title Page.
Follow the procedure described below to download the file.
The file is a self-extracting file.
1. Click the file mentioned below to open the download window, then click [Save].
2. Specify where to save the file (ex. on the desktop) and click [Save]. A file with the same name (.exe file) is downloaded to the specified location.
3. Double-click the downloaded file to automatically extract the file and create a folder.
4. Double-click a pdf file in the folder to open. Follow the instruction in the manual to upgrade the version.