Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 incorporates the following modifications:
1. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual.
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 is for XF305 and XF300 camcorders with Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 to Version 126.96.36.199. If your camcorder's firmware is already Version 188.8.131.52, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Please update the bundled Canon XF Utility application to Version 1.3 or later so that video clips that are recorded with Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 or later can be correctly recognized by the application.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camcorder's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camcorder and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VGA5.FIM / file size: 25,132,552 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An XF305 or XF300 camcorder body
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
3. A 32 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q: What are the changes of Firmware Version 220.127.116.11?
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 incorporates the following improvements.
1. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.
The following fixes and changes from the previous firmware updates are also incorporated into the latest firmware version.
Changes in Version 22.214.171.124:
1. Adds the 1440x1080 35Mbps setting to the camcorder's recording modes.
2. Displays the Korean language.
Changes in Version 126.96.36.199:
1. Adds Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish and Simplified Chinese languages to the camcorder's menu.
Changes in Version 188.8.131.52:
1. Adds a focal length guide to display the focal length position in a numeric value and a function to make fine adjustments to the camcorder's optical axis to serve as an assistance function for 3D shooting. This firmware also adds the vertical inversion and horizontal inversion functions in addition to the horizontal/vertical inversion function to scan reverse recording.
2. Adds double slot recording where the same clip can be simultaneously recorded to two CF cards.
3. Adds a menu item to turn relay recording ON/OFF.
Changes in Version 184.108.40.206:
1. To increase the number of CF cards that support slow-motion shooting with the Slow & Fast Motion recording mode, the data partitioning size when shooting movies has been reduced from 2 GB to 1 GB.