Firmware Version 18.104.22.168 incorporates the following modifications:
1. A phenomenon in which the optical axis guide remains visible during 3D shooting has been corrected.
2. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual.
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 is for XF105 and XF100 camcorders with Firmware Version 126.96.36.199 to Version 188.8.131.52. If your camcorder's firmware is already Version 184.108.40.206, it is not necessary to update the firmware.
Once the camcorder is updated to the latest version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Please update the bundled Canon XF Utility application to Version 1.3 or later so that video clips that are recorded with Firmware Version 220.127.116.11 or later can be correctly recognized by the application.
Preparations for the Firmware Update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camcorder's menu and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camcorder and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the unit's Instruction Manual titled "Saving and Loading Camera Settings".
The downloaded folder contains the firmware (file name: VHA4.FIM / file size: 23,035,472 bytes), and instructions on the firmware update procedures (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Before starting the firmware update operations, please be sure to carefully confirm your understanding of these instructions.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. An XF105 or XF100 camcorder body
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
3. A 32 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader/writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot built into the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q: What are the changes of Firmware Version 18.104.22.168?
Firmware Version 22.214.171.124 incorporates the following improvements.
1. A phenomenon has been corrected with the adjustment screen within the Axis Shift menu and the guide that shows the current position of the optical axis. When the cursor that shows the optical axis' current position was moved to the guide area near the left and right extremities, it would remain visible. (Occurs on version 126.96.36.199 and up)
2. The polarity of the XLR terminal has been modified to improve compatibility with external audio devices. The pin configuration has been modified to be consistent with the description in the Instruction Manual. Before the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack was (pin1: shield, pin2: cold, pin3: hot). After the Firmware update, the pin configuration for the XLR jack will be (pin1: shield, pin2: hot, pin3: cold). The XLR pin configuration meets the international AES standard recommendation. The firmware update will avoid the scenario where use of the unit in combination with a device of different polarity than the XLR terminals would result in reduced sound levels due to a reversal of the phase relationship.
The following fixes and changes from the previous firmware updates are also incorporated into the latest firmware version.
Changes in Version 188.8.131.52:
1. Adds the 1440x1080 35Mbps setting to the camcorder's recording modes.
2. Displays the Korean language.
Changes in Version 184.108.40.206:
1. Adds Japanese, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish and Simplified Chinese languages to the camcorder's menu.
Changes in Version 220.127.116.11:
1. To increase the number of CF cards that support slow-motion shooting with the Slow & Fast Motion recording mode, the data partitioning size when shooting movies has been reduced from 2 GB to 1 GB.