Firmware Version 220.127.116.11.00 incorporates the following additional functions and modifications:
1. Ability to move the magnification viewing area around the LCD using the MAGN Function.
2. ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
3. A Key Lock menu setting has been added which now makes it possible to lock all operations, including the START/STOP button.
4. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven (7) Canon Cinema lenses (EF mount) and eleven (11) Canon EF Lenses.
5. Internal camera menus are now controllable from buttons on the camera body. Previously, they were only controllable from the joystick grip unit.
6. In addition to the [EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM], the function to enable continuous focusing and correct aperture on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STM lenses is attached, has been extended to include the [EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM] lens.
Firmware Version 18.104.22.168.00 is for Cinema EOS C100 cameras with Firmware Version 22.214.171.124.00. If your camera's firmware is already version 126.96.36.199.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version.
Download the new version of the User Manual for the EOS C100 Cinema EOS Camera which provides more information on the new features and benefits available in this firmware update.
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings and custom picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and custom picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera's user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VIF2.FIM, File Size: 35,066,896 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following things are required to perform this firmware update:
2. A computer (OS: Mac OS X)
OS Requirements: Mac OS X (10.6-10.8)
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC memory card (both commercially available)
4. A memory card reader (commercially available) or an SD memory card slot on the computer
5. A fully charged battery pack for the camera
6. Compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the downloaded file)
Q1. Please tell me about the changes made in Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00.
ISO up to 80,000 has been added.
- This raises the current maximum ISO sensitivity from ISO 20,000 to ISO 80,000. With this change, color footage can be taken of a subject in an environment that is so dark that it would have been highly difficult to identify the position of the subject.
- Peripheral Illumination Correction Data has been added for seven Canon Cinema lenses (EF-mount) and 11 EF Lenses. Peripheral Illumination Correction Data corrects insufficiencies in peripheral illumination caused by the lens' optical characteristics when one of the seven (7) Canon Cinema Lenses (EF-mount)*1 or eleven (11) Canon EF Lenses*2 are attached.
*1 The seven supported Canon Cinema Lenses (EF-mount) are [CN-E 15.5-47mm T2.8 L S], [CN-E 30-105mm T2.8 L S], [CN-E14mm T3.1 L F], [CN-E24mm T1.5 L F], [CN-E50mm T1.3 L F], [CN-E85mm T1.3 L F], and [CN-E135mm T2.2 L F]. Please note this firmware version does not include the [CN-E35mm T1.5 L F].
*2 In addition to the four Canon EF lenses that are already supported, [EF300mm f/2.8L IS II USM], [EF400mm f/2.8L IS II USM], [EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II] and the [EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM], 11 additional models:[EF500mm f/4L IS II USM], [EF600mm f/4L IS II USM], [EF28mm f/2.8 IS USM], [EF24mm f/2.8 IS USM], [EF40mm f/2.8 STM], [EF24-70mm f/4L IS USM], [EF35mm f/2 IS USM], [EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM], [EF24-70mm f/2.8L II USM], [EF200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4X] and [EF-S55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM] are now supported.
- In addition to the [EF-S18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM], a function to enable continuous focusing and correct aperture on a subject in the middle of the screen when one of the two EF STEM lenses is attached, has been extended to include the [EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM] lens.
- Support has been added for a Key Lock setting, which disables all key inputs, including the Recording Start/Stop Button.
- Internal camera menus are now controllable from buttons on the camera body. Previously, they were only controllable from the joystick grip unit. This is possible through the assignment of Up, Down, Left, Right and SET functions to the Assign Button.
- Ability to manually move the center of the camera's magnification viewing area to one of 25 different locations throughout the image frame has been added.
Q2. How can I carry out a firmware update?
Please download the most recent firmware for this model from the Canon Web site and follow the procedure shown on the Web site to install it.