Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.
1. Compatibility with the Canon RC-V100 Remote Controller (expected to be available in June 2014) has been added.
2. Peripheral illumination correction data has been added for the [CN-E35mm T1.5 L F] EF Cinema lens and the [EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM] EF lens.
3. Fixes a phenomenon in which the EF Cinema lens' F number was incorrectly displayed.
Firmware Version 188.8.131.52.00 is only for EOS C100 cameras with the Dual Pixel CMOS AF Feature Upgrade applied. If the EOS C100 camera does not have DAF Feature Upgrade applied, please download Firmware Version 184.108.40.206.00
Firmware version 220.127.116.11.00 is for Cinema EOS C100 cameras running firmware version 18.104.22.168.00. If the camera's firmware is already version 22.214.171.124.00, it is not necessary to update the firmware. Once the camera is updated to the latest firmware version, it cannot be restored to a previous version. For details, please refer to the instruction manual (the updated version).
Preparations for a firmware update:
After the Firmware update has been performed, the camera's menu settings and Custom Picture settings will be reset. It is recommended that users save their menu and Custom Picture settings as settings data to an SD card, separate from the one that will be used to carry out the update, before starting update operations. This saved data can be loaded into the camera and the settings can be changed after the update has been completed. For further information on this, please refer to the section in the camera's user manual titled Saving and Loading Camera Settings.
The downloaded firmware folder contains the firmware (File Name: VKG4.FIM, File Size: 35,067,076 bytes) and a procedure manual for updating the firmware (a PDF file in five languages: Japanese, English, French, Spanish and Simplified Chinese). Please check the firmware update procedure manual carefully before starting update operations.
The following items are required to perform this firmware update:
1. A Cinema EOS C100 camera body
2. A computer (OS: Windows)
OS Requirements: Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7 SP1
3. A 64 MB or higher-capacity SD memory card or an SDHC/SDXC memory card (both commercially available)
4. An SD card reader-writer (commercially available) or an SD card slot on the computer.
5. A fully-charged, dedicated battery pack for the camera
6. The dedicated compact power adapter bundled with the camera
7. The firmware (the file downloaded from the Canon Web site)
Q1: What are the changes in Firmware Version 126.96.36.199.00?
1. The optional Canon Remote Controller RC-V100* can be used with the EOS C100DAF. This enables setting and adjustment** of items such as exposure and white balance of footage while away from the camera.
* Separately-sold, scheduled for release in June
**It is necessary to select the [RC-V100] from the camera's [REMOTE Term.] menu.
2. Peripheral illumination correction for 1 EF Cinema Lens [CN-E35mm T1.5 L F] and 1 EF lens [EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM] has been made possible. It is now possible to maintain even illumination across an image plane, and reduce vignetting.
3. A phenomenon has been fixed in which the EF Cinema lens' F number was incorrectly displayed.
Q2: How can I carry out a firmware update?
Please download the most recent firmware for this model from the Canon Web site and follow the procedure shown on the Web site to install it.
Changes in Version 188.8.131.52.00:
1. Dual Pixel CMOS AF technology Feature Upgrade applied.