Outline of the software
EOS Utility 1.1.1 is software exclusively for EOS Digital cameras that combines all the functions involving communication with the camera.
This software accommodates features such as importing and viewing images on the computer by connecting the camera to the computer, using the remote shooting function, and controlling the camera from the computer to specify the camera settings.
EOS Digital camera users can install EOS Utility 1.1.1 using this EOS Utility 1.1.1 Updater for Mac OS X.
1. This software is exclusively for Mac OS X (10.2 - 10.4).
2. EOS Utility is not compatible with Intel-based Macs (Mac OS X 10.4.4 to 10.4.6).
3. Please note the following restrictions if you are using Mac OS X 10.4.7 on PowerPC Macs.
3-1. EOS D30, EOS D60, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS Kiss Digital/300D Digital/Digital Rebel cannot be connected.
3-2. EOS Kiss Digital N/350D Digital/Digital Rebel XT, EOS 5D cannot be connected if you set the camera's [Communication] setting to [PC connect] or [PC connection].
You can establish a connection by changing the camera's [Communication] setting to [Print/PTP]. However, in order to use the Remote Shooting function, the camera's [Communication] setting must be set to [PC connect] or [PC connection], therefore, the Remote Shooting function will not be available.
4. Although you can run EOS Utility 1.1.1 with ImageBrowser or Digital Photo Professional, you will need the latest version of the software
(updaters for each application are also available as separate downloads).
5. Please make sure that at least one of the following applications is installed in your computer before downloading EOS Utility 1.1.1 Updater for Mac OS X.
- EOS Utility 1.0
- EOS Viewer Utility 1.0 - 1.2
- File Viewer Utility 1.1 - 1.3
- CameraWindow DSLR 5.1 - 5.3 (If you are using EOS Digital cameras with ImageBrowser 5.x).
1. The following features in EOS Utility 1.1.1 have been changed.
While using EOS Utility to take shots remotely, images will be displayed in Digital Photo Professional's Edit Image Window for confirmation. This image display function has been improved.
2. The following features in EOS Utility 1.1 have been changed from the previous version of EOS Utility.
2-1. EOS Kiss Digital X / EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS 400D Digital were added as supported models.
2-2. The number of shots is unlimited while using Timer Shooting and Interval Timer Shooting. You can capture images until the hard disk of the connected computer is full.
2-3. You can set the Auto Power Off function for EOS Digital cameras to on or off remotely.
Downloading and installing the software
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
The file to be downloaded is saved as a disk image file.
1. Click the download file at the bottom of this page to start downloading it.
2. When the download is complete, the file starts extracting automatically, and then the downloaded file will appear on the desktop.
3. Double-click the downloaded file, the [EU111OSX] icon appears on the desktop and it will open automatically.
4. Double-click the [Updater Installer] to start the installer, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.