Outline of the software
ImageBrowser 5.7.2 Updater for Mac OS X is software that will install ImageBrowser 5.7.2 on your computer or update a previously installed version of ImageBrowser to ImageBrowser 5.7.2.
1. This software is exclusively for Mac OS X (10.2 to 10.4).
Please use ImageBrowser 3.5.2 for Mac OS 9 if you are running Mac OS 9.2, and use ImageBrowser 5.2.1 for Mac OS X if you are running Mac OS 10.1.5 (each updater can be downloaded separately).
2. To update to (or install) ImageBrowser 5.7.2, one of the following applications needs to be installed on your computer.
- ImageBrowser (Mac OS 9, Mac OS X)
- PowerShot Browser (Mac OS 9)
- Digital Photo Professional
- EOS Viewer Utility (Mac OS X)
3. If you cannot update to ImageBrowser 5.7.2 because the current ImageBrowser you are using does not run on Mac OS X, please refer to the following instructions.
3-1. Update ImageBrowser to version 3.0.4 using ImageBrowser 3.0.4 Updater for Mac OS X (ImageBrowser 3.0.4 Updater for Mac OS X can be downloaded separately).
3-2. Install ImageBrowser 5.7.2 Updater for Mac OS X again.
4. If you are using one of the following EOS Digital cameras, please use EOS Utility to install ImageBrowser 5.7.2 (the updater for EOS Utility can be downloaded separately).
EOS Utility is an application for connecting EOS Digital cameras to a computer, taking remote shots, and specifying the camera settings from the computer.
<Camera models supported by EOS Utility>
EOS Kiss Digital X/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi/ EOS 400D DIGITAL, EOS-1D, EOS-1Ds, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS 5D, EOS 10D, EOS 20D, EOS 20Da, EOS 30D, EOS Kiss Digital/EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D, EOS Kiss Digital N/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D, EOS D30, EOS D60
New functions added in ImageBrowser 5.7.2
1-1. It now supports "My Category".
Some of the Fall 2006 compact digital camera products incorporate the "My Category" function, which enables classification of images by category. ImageBrowser now incorporate functions to display the category of an image, and to display images in a particular category by selecting it from the list.
1-2. It is now possible to display/play back vertically oriented movies in the correct orientation.
Some of the Fall 2006 compact digital camera products incorporate a function to automatically rotate the movies horizontally or vertically during playback. ImageBrowser now has a function to display/play back vertically oriented movies in the correct orientation.
1-3. A function has been added to display downloaded images all at once.
A new function to display all images that have been downloaded from the camera to a computer using CameraWindow at once has been added. It is now easier to make use of the downloaded images than before, when images were displayed by folder.
2. Improvements in ImageBrowser 5.7.2
There were cases where some images were printed with borders even if the print settings were set to borderless. This problem has now been fixed.
Download and Installation
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
The file to be downloaded is saved as a disk image file.
1. Click the download file at the bottom of this page to start downloading.
2. When downloading is complete, the file starts extracting automatically, and then the downloaded file appears on the desktop.
3. Double-click the downloaded file. A new disk icon with the same name as the downloaded file will be created on the desktop.
4. Double-click the disk icon, and then double-click [Update Installer] inside it to start the installer.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.