Outline of the software
Digital Photo Professional 2.2.0 is software exclusively for editing and converting RAW images shot by EOS Digital cameras. Users of EOS Digital cameras can install Digital Photo Professional 2.2.0 by downloading Digital Photo Professional 2.2.0 Updater for Mac OS X.
1. This software is exclusively for Mac OS X (10.2 - 10.4).
2. Please make sure that at least one of the following applications is installed in your computer before downloading Digital Photo Professional 2.0.3 Updater for Mac OS X.
- File Viewer Utility 1.1 - 1.3
- EOS Viewer Utility 1.0 - 1.2
- Digital Photo Professional 1.0/1.1/1.5/1.6.0/1.6.1/2.0.1/2.0.3/2.1
- RAW Image Task 1.2/2.0/2.2
Please note that if none of the above applications has been activated and Security Updates have been applied to your operating system, it may not be possible to install Digital Photo Professional 2.2.0, depending on the version of the Security Update.
3. When Digital Photo Professional 2.2.0 is installed, you cannot use EOS Capture 1.5. If you use the remote shooting function, please install EOS Utility 1.1 in your computer.
(EOS Utility 1.1 Updater can be downloaded separately.)
1. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 2.1
1-1. EOS Kiss Digital X / EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS 400D Digital were added as supported models.
1-2. Automatic Dust Erasure Processing was added to support the Dust Delete Data Detection function of EOS Kiss Digital X / EOS Digital Rebel XTi / EOS 400D Digital.
1-3. The Tone Curve Assist function was enhanced.
Two degrees of adjustment are available: the previous adjustment degree (Standard) and another stronger adjustment degree (High).
1-4. The Noise Reduction function is available for JPEG images.
The Chrominance Noise Reduction function is available for JPEG and TIFF images.
2. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 2.0.3
2-1. EOS 30D was added as a supported model.
2-2. A tone curve assist function was added. Images specified by users will be analyzed, and based on the outcome, the RGB tone curve will be automatically corrected to produce optimal images.
2-3. A contact sheet printing function and detailed settings printing function were added.
2-4. In addition to the previous false color mitigation function, chrominance noise reduction and luminance noise (jaggy) reduction functions can be selected.
2-5. The correspondence between the image quality values and compression rates when saving JPEG images has been revised.
3. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 2.0 - 2.0.3
When converting RAW images to 16-bit TIFF, unsuitable results could be obtained before, but this has been fixed.
4. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 2.0.1
4-1. In Picture Style, some of the setting item names were incorrect. Those names have been fixed as shown in the following chart.
4-2. In images taken with EOS 5D or EOS-1D, some of the color tones would be missing. This problem has been fixed.
4-3. Fixed the problem wherein images with a Picture Style file cannot be saved in batches.
5. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.6.1
5-1. EOS 5D, EOS-1D Mark II N, and EOS D30 were added as supported models.
5-2. It now supports Picture Styles.
5-3. A Quick Check Window that shows half-sized images was added.
5-4. Three types of checkmarks were added so that you can select images easily.
5-5. A Sharpness function was added for adjusting the sharpness by checking it on-screen in real time.
5-6. Apple RGB and ColorMatch RGB were added as supported color spaces.
5-7. A function was added to correct unwanted spots or dust on images.
5-8. A "Colorimetric" option was added to the color-matching mode in the CMYK simulation function.
6. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.6.0/1.6.1
Fixed the problem wherein the settings on the Copy Stamp Tool function are not reflected in the display when using MacOS X (10.4).
7. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.5.0/1.6.0
Lines appeared in the bottom of images converted from RAW images taken with the following models when using Digital Photo Professional 1.5.0/1.6.0 on a Macintosh equipped with a dual processor. This problem has now been fixed.
- EOS D60
- EOS 10D
- EOS Kiss Digital/EOS DIGITAL REBEL/EOS 300D DIGITAL
- EOS-1Ds Mark II
(For images taken vertically, those lines would appear on the right/left edge of the image.)
8. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.5.0
8-1. Copy Stamp Tool function was added.
8-2. Rename Tool function was added.
8-3. EOS D60/EOS Kiss Digital N/EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT/EOS 350D DIGITAL were added as supported models.
8-4. The display speed of thumbnail images has been improved.
9. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.1 - 1.6.1
When transferring images on Mac OS X 10.4, the changes made for the software settings in [Image transfer settings] in the [Batch process settings] dialog box would not be applied. This problem has been fixed.
10. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.1 - 2.0.1
There were cases that the shooting date displayed in the shooting information appeared incorrectly. This problem has been fixed.
11. Changes from Digital Photo Professional 1.0.0
11-1. Image-cropping function was added.
11-2. CMYK Simulation function was added.
11-3. Folders in the main window Tree View Area now can be copied, moved, or deleted.
11-4. Printer profiles settings function was added.
11-5. The image size can be specified when saving.
11-6. ICC profiles were added to JPEG images.
11-7. Sharpness settings for TIFF images were added.
11-8. You can transfer multiple images to image-editing applications with a single operation.
11-9. The tone curve in the RAW images adjustment tool palette has changed to a log display.
Downloading and installing the software
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
The downloading file is saved as a disk image file.
1. Click the download file at the bottom of this page to start downloading.
2. When downloading is complete, the file starts extracting automatically, and then the downloaded file will appear on the desktop.
3. Double-click the downloaded file. The [DPP2223] disk icon appears and it will start automatically.
4. Double-click [Update Installer] to start the installer, and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.