ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a Updater will update an earlier version of ZoomBrowser EX (2.x/3.x/4.x) to version 4.6.1a.
ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a Updater includes all changes from earlier versions of ZoomBrowser EX.
The list of changes is as follows.
1. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1:
Fixed the problem of the uninstallation process not being handled correctly.
2. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0c:
Fixed the problem of CameraWindow being shut down if the cable is disconnected during transmission.
3. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0:
3-1. The movie text-editing function of the MovieEdit Task can now be used with QuickTime 6.5.
MovieEdit Task is a function that makes it easy to edit movies taken by digital cameras and digital camcorders.
3-2. Fixed the problem of not being able to save image files at the root of a drive when connecting to an EOS digital camera with Windows 98/Windows Me. (
3-3. Fixed the problem of the [Camera] menu disappearing from ZoomBrowser EX when ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 is installed over ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1.
3-4. Fixed the problem of CameraWindow 4.6's [Auto-start settings] not working properly when ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.0 is installed over ZoomBrowser EX 4.0/4.1.
3-5. Fixed the discrepancy between image files and Exif information when using PhotoRecord to make Index Prints from multiple RAW image files.
3-6. Fixed the problem caused by firewall software detecting and preventing connections to the camera.
: CameraWindow was updated to version 4.6.1 in the process of fixing these issues.
: RAWImage Task was updated to version 1.0.1 in the process of fixing these issues.
: Canon Camera Support Core Library was updated to version 184.108.40.206 in the process of fixing these issues.
4. Change from ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1a
Fixed the sequential file-naming problem caused by using specific double-byte characters at the end of folder names when those folders are specified as the destination for saved files.
5. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1 or earlier:
5-1. MovieEdit Task is newly included in this version.
MovieEdit Task can only be guaranteed to work with movie files taken by Canon digital cameras or digital video cameras that are taken as Motion JPEG-format AVI files or MPEG-4 files. Also, in order to use MovieEdit Task, QuickTime 5.0.2 to 6.5 must be installed.
5-2. CD Back Up Task makes adding content to CDs more reliable.
6. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.0.x/4.1.x/4.5.0/4.5.1
6-1. Fixed the problem of RAW images not being rotated properly.
6-2. Became capable of making slideshow and DPOF settings for the IXY DIGITAL 200/PowerShot S110/DIGITAL IXUS V.
6-3. Became capable of connecting to PowerShot S10, PowerShot S20.
7. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.1.x/4.5.0/4.5.1
Temporary attributes no longer attached to image files imported via CameraWindow.
8. Changes from ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.0 to 4.5.1:
8-1. Search Image Task (Includes favorite mark)
8-2. ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1 or later includes RemoteCapture as a module.
With the models below, RemoteCapture need not be installed separately because ZoomBrowser EX 4.5.1 or later includes RemoteCapture as a module.
IXY DIGITAL 400
DIGITAL IXUS 400
IXY DIGITAL 30
DIGITAL IXUS II
IXY DIGITAL 30a
DIGITAL IXUS IIs
PowerShot S1 IS
IXY DIGITAL 500
DIGITAL IXUS 500
IXY DIGITAL 450
DIGITAL IXUS 430
- If you use products other than those listed above, please use the version of RemoteCapture included on the CD bundled with your product. (Do not uninstall RemoteCapture in this case.)
- RemoteCapture is not compatible with IXY DIGITAL L, PowerShot SD10, or DIGITAL IXUS i.
9. Changes of ZoomBrowser EX 4.x (including ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a)
With ZoomBrowser EX 4.x, no folders under the [Program Files] can be displayed. For this reason, additional operations may be required other than installing the Updater.
For further information about this, refer to item 5 in the
1. To update to ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a, it is required that ZoomBrowser EX 2.x, 3.x, or 4.x be installed on your computer.
2. When installing ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a, please use the layout-printing application PhotoRecord 2.0.0c. (PhotoRecord 2.0.0c can be downloaded separately.)
3. When installing ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a, please use image-capturing application RemoteCapture 2.7.5. (RemoteCapture 2.7.5 can be downloaded separately.)
4. When installing ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a, please use the RAW image conversion application File Viewer Utility 1.3.2. (File Viewer Utility 1.3.2 can be downloaded separately.)
5. When updating from ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x to 4.x (including ZoomBrowser EX 4.6.1a)
5-1. Convert database files
If you want to display the titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 2 or 3, please convert the database files used in that version before using ZoomBrowser EX.
Note: If you use ZoomBrowser EX 4 without performing this conversion, the titles, comments, and sound annotation information added in the previous versions will be lost.
To convert database files, refer to step 6 of "Download and Installation" below.
5-2. Restriction on folders under the [Program Files] folder
ZoomBrowser EX 4.x is designed not to display folders under [Program Files], so ZoomBrowser EX 4 cannot read any images that may have been saved in the [Image Library One] folder (the default behavior in ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x). In order to view these files, please use Explorer to move them from [Image Library One] to some other location outside of the [Program Files] directory.
Note: Be sure to move these files after converting the database file.
5-3. Start RAW Image Converter 1.x
RAW Image Converter 1.x cannot be started from within ZoomBrowser EX 4.x, unlike in ZoomBrowser EX 2.x/3.x. Please start RAW Image Converter from the Start menu when converting RAW images.
5-4. ZoomBrowser EX 4.x does not need a TWAIN interface. This enables you to download images directly to your computer.
5-5. Windows Meta File and FlashPix file types are not supported.
5-6. The following functions have been removed:
- Time Tunnel viewer
- 360-degree viewer for panoramic images
- Showing the owner's name in slideshows
Download and Installation
Before installation, confirm that ZoomBrowser EX 2.x, 3.x, or 4.x is installed on your computer.
The download file is saved as a self-extracting, compressed file.
1. Click the download file below.
When a dialog box appears, specify the destination (ex. Desktop) and click [Save] to start downloading the file.
Remember this destination -- it will be important in later steps.
2. Double-click the downloaded file to show the dialog box. Click the [Unzip] button to extract the compressed files.
Once the compressed files are extracted, a new folder will be created in the same location where the download file is saved.
3. Click [OK] when the message below appears, and then close the dialog box.
"1 file(s) unzipped successfully"
4. Double-click the newly created folder.
5. Double-click the [ZBEX461UPD_E.exe] file to start the installation.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Users updating ZoomBrowser EX from ZoomBrowser EX 4.x, installation is complete.
Users updating ZoomBrowser EX from ZoomBrowser EX 2.x or 3.x, proceed with steps 6 and 7 below to complete the update.
6. Convert database files
6-1. Open the [Program] folder under the folder where ZoomBrowser EX 4.x is installed.
6-2. Double-click the [dbconverter.exe] file in the [Program] folder. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the conversion.
7. Move image files
Use Explorer to move image files from [Image Library One] to some other location outside of the [Program Files] directory.
Note: Be sure to move the image files or the [Image Library One] folder after converting the database file.