Outline of the software
WFT-E1A Utility 2.0 is the software that enables your EOS digital camera to send the captured images through the attached Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1A to an FTP server via a wireless or wired LAN.
Customers using the following models of EOS digital cameras can use the installer at the bottom of this page to install WFT-E1A Utility 2.0.
EOS-1Ds Mark II, EOS-1D Mark II N, EOS-1D Mark II, EOS 5D, EOS 30D, EOS 20D and EOS 20Da.
1. The software is exclusively for Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1A.
2. Your personal computer should meet the following requirements for software operation:
- Use Windows XP or Windows 2000 operating system.
- Network port (wired or wireless LAN) is required (necessary for certain functions).
Compare to WFT-E1A Utility 1.0, WFT-E1A Utility 2.0 has been changed in the following ways.
1. The connection status between the FTP server and the camera can now be verified (*).
2. Searching for wireless LAN equipment and getting setup information is now possible (*).
3. The Message Display function for an inappropriate value input has been improved.
4. Up to 20 communication configuration files can now be registered.
5. Communication configuration files can be created through wizard (*).
* Network port (wired or wireless LAN) is required for the computer.
Software Download and Installation Method
Please quit other applications before installation.
1. Click the file at the bottom of this page to display the Download File window, and then click Save.
When a dialogue box displays, specify the download destination (e.g. desktop) and then click Save (Please note the download destination for the next procedure).
2. If WFT-E1A Utility 1.0 is currently installed, please remove the file to the trash can and delete it.
3. Double-click the downloaded file and specify a folder for installation. Please follow the on-screen instructions for details.
4. When the installation is complete, the specified destination folder for installation (usually named as "English") will be created. Double-click the folder to open it. Please read the LICENSE.txt file saved within the folder.
In certain cases, folder will not be created at the installation destination, only WFT-E1A Utility.exe and LICENSE.txt will be installed.
5. Double-click WFT-E1A Utility.exe to start the installer. When the WFT-E1A Setup Wizard displays, configure the connection between the camera and the personal computer.
If the connection configuration is already done or other situations that make the wizard is unnecessary, click Cancel.
Please refer to the manual of Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E1A for details regarding the configuration.