ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b Application for Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 is a full-version software that will install ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b on your computer, or update a previously installed version of ZoomBrowser EX to version 6.6.0b.
CameraWindow is no longer included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b or later. CameraWindow is available on the CD-ROM as a separate module. If necessary, install CameraWindow from the CD-ROM bundled with the product.
Note: The serial number of your Canon product (Camera, printer...etc.) is required to download this file.
Changes of ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b;
1. Now supports the following new products.
EOS 60D, PowerShot SX30 IS, PowerShot G12, IXY 50S / PowerShot SD 4500 IS Digital ELPH / IXUS 1000 HS, PowerShot SX130 IS, PowerShot S95, IXY 30S / PowerShot SD 4000 IS Digital ELPH / IXUS 300 HS, iVIS HF M32 / VIXIA HF M32 / LEGRIA HF M32
2. Changes the name of the rating feature from "Star Rating" to "Rating" and changes the number of available star ratings.
Before, there were only three rating levels from "1 star" to "3 stars" in "Star Rating". Now, the new "Rating" feature is of seven rating levels from "Unrated" to "5 stars" with an additional "Reject" setting.
(Default setting: Unrated)
Furthermore, the "Rating" feature is compatible with other applications, such as Digital Photo Professional v3.9 or later.
3. Fixes the following malfunction in the French and Russian editions.
When performing the [Backup to CD] function, an error may occur, and this is fixed in ZB6.6.
1. Supported OSes
- Windows XP SP2, SP3 (32bit)
- Windows Vista SP1, SP2 (32bit/64bit)
- Windows 7 (32bit/64bit)
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed and that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- Still/Movie(AVI): Pentium 1.3GHz or faster
- Movie(MOV): Core 2 Duo 2.6GHz or faster(Full HD), Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz or faster(SD/HD)
Windows XP SP2, SP3
- Still/Movie (AVI): 512MB or greater
- Movie (MOV): 1GB or greater
Windows Vista / Windows 7
- 1GB or greater
- 2GB or greater (Windows 7 64bit)
Hard Disk Space;
- 200 MB or greater (500 MB maximum)
3. Installation/Update Requirements
The following software must be installed on the PC.
- ZoomBrowser EX 3.x/ 4.x/ 5.x /6.x
- 1024 x 768 or greater
1. RAW Image Task (RAW image processing) is not included in ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b Installer. If you want to use them in ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b, please download and install ZoomBrowser EX 6.1.1a Updater after installing ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b Installer.
2. ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b Installer does not include EOS Utility and CameraWindow, the applications used for connecting cameras. When downloading images, please use a memory card, or install EOS Utility or CameraWindow from the CD-ROM bundled with the product (if you wish to connect your camera using a USB cable).
The users of ZoomBrowser Ex 6.0 can continue using CameraWindow as is.
To update ZoomBrowser from ZoomBrowser EX 5.x or earlier, download ZoomBrowser EX 6.5.1 Updater.
3. To users of the DIGITAL/PowerShot G10/PowerShot G11/PowerShot G12/PowerShot S90/PowerShot S95/PowerShot SX1 IS (RAW model) cameras:
Users are asked to use the Digital Photo Professional software to install ZoomBrowser EX 6.6.0b.
4. To Users of Windows Vista / Windows 7:
Users who purchased Windows Vista for the first time can use this updater to install the application. In this case, please have the CD-ROM (DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk) bundled with the products ready.
1) Download and start this updater.
2) Insert the CD-ROM (DIGITAL CAMERA Solution Disk) into the computer's drive.
3) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
5. To Users of ZoomBrowser 3.x:
In order to update to ZoomBrowser EX 6.6, it is necessary that ZoomBrowser EX 3 be installed on the target computer.
It is necessary to transfer the database files as follows:
If you want to display titles and comments added with ZoomBrowser EX 3, you will need to convert the database file used in ZoomBrowser EX 3 for use with ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 before using these applications for the first time.
Please note that if ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is used before this conversion, the titles, comments, sound annotation information added with ZoomBrowser EX 3 will be erased.
1) From the Start menu, select All Program -> Accessories -> Explorer to start Windows Explorer.
2) Open the Program folder under the folder in which ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6 is installed.
3) Double-click the dbconverter.exe (or dbconverter) icon in that folder.
4) Specify the database file that you have been using and click the Start button (Example: C:\Program Files\Canon\ZoomBrowser EX\ Database\My Database.zbd)
5) When a message appears indicating that the database conversion is complete, click OK.
Database File Conversion Restrictions
There are restrictions on folders under the Program Files folder.
In ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6, folders under the Program Files folder are not displayed. Therefore, images in the Library One folder, which was the default in ZoomBrowser EX 3, cannot be viewed in ZoomBrowser EX 4, 5 or 6.
To see the images in the Library One folder, use Windows Explorer to move the images to a location outside the Program Files folder.
* Please move the folders after converting the database file.
Please refer to the following instructions on how to download and install the software.
Locate the serial number of your Canon product (Camera, printer...etc.). The serial number is required in order to download this file. If you have difficulty locating the serial number on your product, please search the online Knowledgebase on the Service & Support page for your model or consult your product’s documentation.
1. Click the [ I Agree - Begin Download ] button at the bottom of this page.
2. Input the serial number of your product into the Serial Number field, and then click the Submit button.
3. Once the serial number is confirmed, click the Save button, select the download location, and then click the Save button.
4. Once the file is downloaded, double-click the " ZB660INST_E.exe" file from its download location
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
(If the User Account Control window appears, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.).