1. Outline of ImageBrowser EX
ImageBrowser EX is a new image management software program for Canon's digital cameras and digital camcorders.
This software makes managing and searching for images shot with cameras and camcorders very easy.
Please utilize the software for editing, printing and sharing images.
ImageBrowser EX can be installed simultaneously with ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser. (Even if ImageBrowser EX is installed, ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser will not be uninstalled.)
It is required to connect your Canon Camera to the computer, which is connected to the Internet, using a USB cable.
2. Major Functions of ImageBrowser EX
The following functions are available with ImageBrowser EX.
- Importing images from a camera* or a memory card. (* Using CameraWindow DC / EOS Utility)
- Displaying images by folder
- Displaying images by shooting date/month/year.
- Displaying shooting information of images
- Editing still images
- Editing movies
- Printing still images
- Uploading images to CANON iMAGE GATEWAY
- Uploading images to Facebook
- Uploading images to YouTube
- Attaching images to e-mail
3. Target images
- Images (still/movie) shot with Canon cameras (except for AVCHD movie files).
4. Differences from ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser
Please note that the following functions available with ZoomBrowser EX/ImageBrowser are not available with ImageBrowser EX.
- Displaying images in a viewer window
- Backing up images on a CD-ROM
- Exporting images (resizing, wallpaper, screen saver, etc.)
- Changing all file names at once
English | Spanish | German | French | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Russian | Chinese
Changes in the ImageBrowser EX 1.1.0 for Mac OS X
- Up to 100,000 images can be registered to the database.
- Organizing and searching image functions are newly added.
- Quicker Search by Faces.
1. Supported OSes
Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.6 (Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later required for wireless connections*1)
Note: Operation of the ImageBrowser EX 1.1.0 with Mac OS X v10.8 has been tested and verified.
2. Supported PCs
PCs with one of the above OSes installed, that have USB ports installed as standard equipment.
- 10.7: Core 2 Duo or higher
- 10.6: Core Duo 1.83 GHz or higher
- HD (720p), SD: Core 2 Duo or higher in 10.7, or Core Duo 1.83 GHz or higher in 10.6
- Full HD (1080p): Core 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or higher
- ALL-I, IPB: Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz or higher
- 10.7: 2 GB or more
- 10.6: 1 GB or more
- HD (720p), SD: 2 GB or more in 10.7, or 1 GB or more in 10.6
- Full HD (1080p): 2 GB or more
- USB and wireless LAN*1
Hard Disk Space;
- 750 MB or more (550 MB or more*2)
*Silverlight 5.1 or later (max. 100 MB) must be installed. Installation may therefore take some time, depending on computer performance.
- 1,024 x 768 or better
*1 Connections via wireless LAN require compatible digital compact cameras.
*2 On computers that cannot run Digital Photo Professional.
1. Download "ibxm-inst-1-1-0-17-u01-9l.dmg.gz" from the download page.
Save "ibxm-inst-1-1-0-17-u01-9l.dmg.gz" to a folder of your choice on your computer.
2. Double-click "ibxm-inst-1-1-0-17-u01-9l.dmg.gz".
After decompressing the file, "ibxm-inst-1-1-0-17-u01-9l.dmg" will be created.
3. Double-click "ibxm-inst-1-1-0-17-u01-9l.dmg". A drive named "IBXM_INST_11" will be automatically generated on the desktop.
4. Double-click the "IBX11INST" inside the "IBXM_INST_11" drive.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
*For installation, it is required to connect the camera. By connecting the camera, appropriate functions for the camera will automatically added via the Internet.