New York City Travel Photography Marathon - Hotel Included!
New York City Travel Photography Marathon — Hotel Included!
$3499 (CPS Discount $100)
New York City – from Chinatown to the Brooklyn Bridge, from the Top of the Rock to Times Square, from Central Park to the Oculus – offers endless photo opportunities. Add nearby by Dumbo Pier in Brooklyn, Coney Island and the Unisphere, along with a private, sunset boat ride around lower Manhattan Island, and you have the makings of an awesome “images with impact” portfolio.
Canon Explorer Rick Sammon, along with a team of dedicated and talented Canon Live Learning professionals, will be your photo guides and photo coaches on this fast-paced, live-learning photo workshop. We’ll have some early morning shoots, including a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge, and evening shoots, including a sunset shoot at Dumbo Pier in Brooklyn. Also we’ll have processing sessions where you’ll learn how to enhance your pictures in Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom.
This photo workshop offers participants a 4-day immersion into digital photography. Through hands-on learning, lectures and classroom critiques, Rick will help students develop their understanding of:
- Composition, exposure and camera settings
- Street Photography fundamentals
- HDR Photography
- Low light and nighttime photography
- How to use reflectors and diffusers
- Daylight fill flash
- How to blur water for the silky water effect
- How to capture action
- Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom techniques
- How to become creative with plug-ins
- Hotel room at the Hyatt Times Square for the duration of the workshop: Check in May 2nd / Check out May 6th
- Canon gear loan (cameras, lenses, etc)
- Free large-format print of your favorite image from the workshop
- Some meals (see agenda for details)
- Workshop-related ground transportation
- Venue or grounds access during workshop hours
EOS R and RF Lenses
EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM
EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM
EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM
EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
- Your favorite camera and backup camera if you have one
- We recommend bringing prime and zoom lenses that range from 14mm to 200mm, such as the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM, EF 24-105mm f/4 L II USM and EF 70-200mm f/4 II USM. Please keep in mind that gear loans are included as part of the workshop fee and will provide the opportunity to experiment with the latest Canon gear
- Plenty of charged battery packs and memory cards
- A sturdy tripod (a must!)
- Neutral Density filters - 6 or 10 stop
- A laptop computer for downloading images, backup hard drive and USB flash drive
- Bring layers of clothing; Weather can be highly variable from early morning to the afternoon. Mornings can be in the 60’s and daytime temperatures can climb into the 80’s
- Hat, sunscreen, rain jacket, rain gear for camera equipment are highly advised because there is alway a possibility for rain
- Flashlight and white/reflective jacket for night street shooting
- Sturdy, water resistant shoes are suggested for walking
Canon Live Learning Destination Workshops let you access exclusive experiences where you can develop. In just a day or two, this fun, hands-on workshop will expand your portfolio, create prints of your favorite images and help you make new friends.
- Skill Level
- Advanced Amateur
- Date & Time
- May 2, 2019 -May 6, 2019
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Hyatt Centric Times Square New York
135 West 45th Street
New York, New York 10036
- Questions ?