Liza Gershman is an award-winning photographer, Bay Area native, and seasoned world-traveler. Passionate about food, people, and culture, Liza has had the opportunity to photograph in more than 37 countries and 46 U.S. states during her career.
Photographing for a wide and varied range of clients has allowed Liza to refine her ability to tell strong visual stories that support both the vision of a creative director and brand integrity. In 2014, she worked as the Senior Digital Photographer for Williams-Sonoma where she helped to define the new look of their eCommerce site, and has also photographed for clients including Restoration Hardware, Party City, Safeway, and Hyatt Hotels, among others. Liza is a Getty Image Contributor, and has photographed eight cocktail and food cookbooks for numerous publishers in the US, including Random House.
In 2010, Liza was Governor Jerry Brown's campaign photographer, and in 2014 was the lead photographer for the RedBull Youth America's Cup Team NZ2. Many of her additional clients have included celebrity chefs, wineries, beverage brands, restaurants and more.
Liza's passion for storytelling extends beyond her photography into writing, with many published essays in top magazine and newspapers.
Liza is honored to contribute to Canon USA.
Published books include:
- The Good Cook's Book of Tomatoes (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Book of Mustard (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Book of Oil & Vinegar (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Book of Salt & Pepper (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- The Good Cook's Journal (SkyHorse Publishing). 2015
- More Than Meatballs (SkyHorse Publishing). 2014
- Be Fabulous At Any Age (Lions Gate Corporation). 2013
- San Francisco Entertains; The Junior League of San Francisco’s Centennial Cookbook (Favorite Recipes Press). 2011
- A Taste for Absinthe (Clarkson Potter, a division of Random House). 2010
Liza's Publications include: Maxim.com, SI.com, Outside Magazine, Huffington Post, Wine Spectator, NBC Bay Area, Chicago Sun Times, C Magazine, Daily Candy, SF Gate, San Francisco Chronicle, Seattle PI, Tasting Panel Magazine, Food & Wine.com, Marin Magazine, 7x7, Fairfield County Look, Eater SF, Destination I Do Magazine, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Bloomspot, Beer Connoisseur, Wine X Magazine, Publisher’s Weekly, Table Hopper, Nightclub & Bar, Gig Salad, Tasting Table, MindFood (Australia and New Zealand), VSCO, and Food Arts Magazine to name a few.