Canon Showcasing imageFORMULA Scanning Solutions For Community Banks At ICBA Techworld Show
Canon U.S.A. to Have Prominent Presence at ICBA Techworld with Suite of Scanning Products, Mobile App and Pick 5 Game Sponsorships
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., March 9, 2012– Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will be showcasing a suite of imageFORMULA solutions targeted at community banks, from bank tellers using compact check transports on the front end to bankers performing backfile conversion. When dealing with the large quantity of important financial information that passes through community banks every day, having a quick and secure way to validate, scan and store data is a huge priority. The solutions from Canon, including imageFORMULA document scanners and check transports, provide the security and speed required.
"The imaging technology Canon offers is absolutely necessary for a modern community bank branch to stay competitive with all of the options available to banking patrons," said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Marketing, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "We are happy to support the community banking industry, and are dedicated to providing imaging systems that give them a competitive advantage."
Canon offers community banks a complete suite of digital imaging solutions from document scanners to check transports at this year's ICBA Techworld show held at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville. The Canon booths 902 and 945 will be displaying select devices in this suite including the following:
- Canon imageFORMULA DR-M160 is a compact document scanner ideal for workgroups and departments, reaching scanning speeds of up to 60 pages-per-minute (ppm)1 / 120 images per minute (ipm). Its user-friendly design, high-quality image processing, reliable item handling, and intelligent software offer end-to-end options for capturing, converting, communicating, and controlling financial information.
- The Canon imageFORMULA CR-80 Check Transport is an easy-to-use solution offering high-quality image scanning, precise MICR accuracy, and reliable item handling. Reaching scanning speeds of up to 80 cpm2, it is ideal for moving paper checks and related small documents in front-counter bank teller settings, for merchant/remote deposit capture (RDC) applications, and for low-volume remittance processing. Also on display is the FVP-10 thermal receipt printer from Star Micronics. This printer, when combined with the CR-80 using the mounting platform accessory developed by Star Micronics, delivers a stable teller window/retail Point of Sale (POS) solution with a small footprint.
- The Canon imageFORMULA CR-190i High-Volume Check Transport is the cornerstone for production check processing, delivering high performance, reliability, and image quality. With an efficient countertop design, the CR-190i check transport is capable of meeting even the toughest challenges, scanning up to 190 double-sided cpm.2 It is ideal for high-volume remittance processing, lockbox, and back-office/ branch capture applications.
- The Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront 300P network scanner is a full-featured, easy to use and manage device for capturing, converting, and sharing documents across a network. It is an ideal solution for capturing documents in distributed environments such as community bank branches, improving collaboration, and offers a fingerprint reader for added security.
- The Canon imageFORMULA DR-C125 Document Scanner's innovative space-saving design makes it a standout in any banking environment for improving information accessibility, management, and collaboration. Its flexibility and high image quality are only surpassed by its easy use, making it ideal for converting and capturing paper-based documents to a digital format.
In addition to the products on display at the show, Canon is also supporting ICBA Techworld through two key sponsorships that will enhance the attendee experience. Canon U.S.A. is a premiere sponsor of the ICBA Tradeshow mobile game, "Exhibitor Open." This application provides attendees with a chance to win an iPad from each of the participating companies, including Canon, when they visit each participating company's booth and collect and enter a "secret code" into the app.
Canon U.S.A. is also the sole sponsor of the Canon Pick 5 Challenge. The Pick 5 Booth (near Canon booth #945) offers banker and spouse attendees a chance to win cash prizes throughout both days of the conference, plus the opportunity to win the grand cash prize during the final 90 minutes of Techworld on Sunday, March 11, 2012.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 Examples based on typical settings, rated in pages/images per minute with letter-sized documents, portrait feeding direction, up to 200 dpi . Actual processing speeds may vary based on PC performance and application software.
2 Rates are measured in checks/images per minute with U.S. personal checks at 200 dpi in black-and-white or grayscale.