Canon U.S.A. Showcases The RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer At Vision Expo East
NEW YORK, N.Y., March 23, 2012 - Canon U.S.A, Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate the benefits of using its digital imaging and workflow management solutions, including the Canon RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer, during Vision Expo East, March 23 - 25, at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York (booth #MS7035).
The Canon RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer is the Company's newest Eyecare product, and features a compact design, weighs 11 pounds less than its predecessor, and simplifies the standard autorefraction and keratometry measurement procedure to just one step. When set to Full Auto mode, a healthcare professional can automatically align, focus and acquire a reading for one eye and continue to the opposite eye to perform the same function - all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2, which incorporates a motorized chin rest, has a minimum pupil size of 2.0 mm, an enhancement over the predecessor product's of 2.5 mm minimum. Together, these features contribute to a comfortable, efficient screening process, helping to assist the healthcare professional when a patient's pupil is difficult to dilate. The RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer is expected to be available for purchase in the second quarter of 2012 through authorized Canon U.S.A. dealers.
"Canon is excited to showcase our latest Eyecare products, including the RK-F2, to this competitive market." said Tsuneo Imai, senior director and general manager, Healthcare Solutions Division, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "Vision Expo East is a great venue for Canon to highlight and demonstrate our vast digital imaging solutions for the optometry world."
Canon markets a full line of digital imaging solutions for the optometry world, including Non-Mydriatic and Mydriatic Retinal cameras, and a Full Auto-Tonometer and Full Auto Ref-Keratometer, all of which will be on display at the show. In addition to the RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer, the Canon product line includes:
- The CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera, which has a lightweight (weighing approximately 33 pounds), compact design, and takes up minimal office space, or, for added convenience, can be easily transported when needed. The low flash intensity of the CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera minimizes pupil constriction, thereby shortening the time required for taking multiple pictures such as binocular stereo photography. It also helps avoid having to retake images due to a patient blinking. The CR-2 has a small pupil mode with 3.3 mm diameter that contributes to efficient screening. The auto exposure function optimizes image brightness without having to manually set the observation light and flash intensity.
- The CR-2 PLUS Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera, which offers Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) photography in a compact (approximately 44 pounds) design that delivers both red-free and cobalt digital filters, useful in evaluating the vascular and nerve fiber layers. FAF is the occurrence of autofluorescence in macular waste, particularly Lipofuscin. Examinations that check and monitor autofluorescent waste material are a key step in AMD detection. The CR-2 PLUS also features a dedicated 18-megapixel EOS camera that has been specifically adapted to capture detailed diagnostic images of the retina. The low-flash intensity of the CR-2 PLUS minimizes pupil constriction and shortens the time required for taking multiple pictures including stereo photography. In darkly lit rooms, the operation panel illuminates for easy navigation.
- The CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera provides five photography modes including Color, Red-free, Cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF). FAF allows the user to take one-shot (FAF) photography of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium layer in a standard configuration, for both mydriatic and non-mydriatic modes. Using the non-mydriatic mode not only saves time and resources, it also can make the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with pupils that are smaller than 3.8 mm. The Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS) is equipped to handle both modes and allows images to be captured, processed and sent to a permanent storage database as DICOM?1 or JPEG files. The images may also be printed.
- The PTS 1000 manufactured by OPTOPOL Technology S.A., the PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter is a modern diagnostic instrument for precise and fast testing for field of vision. The closed type examination bowl provides a single solution for Goldmann kinetic and static perimetry. The PTS 1000 offers a wide range of strategies and analysis tools. The intuitive user interface and ergonomic design make it easy to use.
- The TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer, which is a non-contact tonometer that is compact and lightweight at approximately 33 pounds, making it easy to transport and install. With soft air puffs, the TX-20 tonometer easily measures Intraocular Pressure (IOP), which allows doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently and enhances patient comfort. This test is important in evaluating ocular conditions that affect the pressure inside of the eye, such as glaucoma. Whenever high IOP is detected, a warning message is displayed. The operator can enter any threshold value on the unit's settings screen to activate the warning system for that value. When running the TX-20 tonometer in Full Auto mode, operation is halted when the threshold is exceeded. The TX-20 tonometer can automatically move over to the opposite eye to perform the same function or can be operated manually.
- imageSPECTRUM Image Management Software (Version 4.1), which is the Canon imaging software for eye care professionals, designed for use with Canon digital retinal cameras. Compatible with Microsoft Windows 7 operating system, imageSPECTRUM Image Management Software delivers capabilities that can enhance patient care, including intelligent, efficient management of images with the reliability of the Canon brand. The easy-to-use interface can be used as a standalone workstation or as part of a network station.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications relating to digital communications of medical information.