Canon Demonstrates Intuitive Mobile and Wireless Radiography Capabilities and Healthcare Solutions at the AHRA Conference
LAKE SUCCESS, N.Y., August 9, 2012 — As mobility is becoming increasingly important to medical providers and patients alike, Canon U.S.A. Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will demonstrate solutions designed to meet the needs of the healthcare industry - from large hospitals to small and mobile healthcare facilities. At the American Healthcare Radiology Administrators (AHRA) Exposition, from August 12-16 in Orlando, Fl., Canon will display its latest systems and solutions for healthcare facilities and their patients, at Canon booth # 501.
Canon will feature its RadPRO Digital Mobile Upgrade Kits1, which include a CXDI wireless or portable digital radiography (DR) detector for convenience and comfort. These digital upgrade kits offer a cost-effective way to upgrade to a mobile DR system and make it easy to capture high-quality diagnostic images for routine diagnosis, challenging trauma situations, bedside exams and more.
Canon has enhanced its mobility offerings by providing a variety of wireless solutions. Among those to be featured during AHRA is Canon's Flat Panel Detector line - light-weight detectors that incorporate high-quality image sensors with low x-ray exposure to the patient, with select models that feature 125-micron pixel pitch and Cesium Iodide (CsI) scintillators. In addition, an on-screen preview image is available in approximately two - five seconds after exposure and an additional monitor which is sold separately, provides immediate viewing of high-resolution images in the emergency department or radiography suite.
Canon's flat panel Digital Radiography detectors on display will include:
- Canon CXDI-80C Wireless DR Detector
- Canon CXDI-70C Wireless DR Detector
- Canon CXDI-60C Multipurpose DR Detector
- Canon CXDI-501C and CXDI-501G DR Detector
- Canon CXDI-401C and CXDI-401G DR Detector
- Canon CXDI-50RF Dynamic/Static DR Detector
Canon will also feature a variety of DR solutions during AHRA, including:
- RadPRO1 40kW Digital Mobile X-ray System: Provides fast turnaround times and outstanding diagnostic image quality. This solution may be used with the Canon wireless and portable flat panel detectors.
- RadPRO1 D2-50RF Dynamic Static Imaging System: dynamic digital fluoroscopy/radiography imaging solution that provides and both fluoroscopic and radiographic imaging capabilities. This solution is complemented with the award winning Canon CXDI-50RF Dynamic/Static Flat Panel Detector, the world's first portable dynamic and static detector. Advanced image processing and standard DICOM(r) functions are available in the CXDI Control Software RF made especially for the CXDI-50RF Dynamic Detector.
- DR Image Viewer: Offers an economical image viewing platform to meet the needs of orthopedic physicians, surgery centers, and emergency departments.
- CXDI Control Software NE: Designed to optimize the workflow for Digital Radiography systems and reduce the operational steps needed to complete an exam from start to finish.
Committed to medical imaging since 1997, Canon has introduced several generations of flat panel detectors that offer a range of DR system solutions for various applications. The flexibility of the Canon DR solutions allows for either upgrading existing equipment with Canon DR technology or including Canon DR systems as part of a completely new system. To date, Canon has sold over 7,000 DR detectors domestically and over 16,000 units worldwide.
For more information about products marketed by the Healthcare Solutions Division of the Business Imaging Solutions Group of Canon U.S.A., Inc., visit: http://www.usa.canon.com/DR
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Specifications subject to changes without notice.
1All products manufactured under the RadPRO brand are products of Virtual Imaging Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc.