Canon U.S.A. To Exhibit At Vision Expo West 2012
Optometric Solutions Designed to Improve Workflow and Support Patient Care
LAS VEGAS, N.V., September 5, 2012 — Canon U.S.A, Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will exhibit its full line of optometric solutions during Vision Expo West, September 6-8, 2012 at the Sands Expo & Convention Center in Las Vegas. In addition to featuring several retinal cameras and innovative diagnostic tools, Canon's Healthcare Solutions Division will demonstrate a variety of creative software and workflow management solutions designed to keep pace with an ever-changing healthcare environment.
"As the industry continues to evolve, we are incredibly excited to showcase several of Canon's most innovative optometric solutions at Vision Expo West," said Tsuneo Imai, senior director and general manager, Healthcare Solutions Division, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "Designed to meet and address several issues currently facing providers, these ophthalmic devices provide an efficient and cost-effective opportunity to improve workflow and support patient care."
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with Canon's newest solutions at booth MS11043, including:
- The RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer, Canon's newest Eyecare instrument, features a compact design - weighing 11 pounds less than its predecessor, and simplifies the standard autorefraction and keratometry measurement procedure to just one step. When set to Full Auto mode, a healthcare professional can automatically align, focus and acquire a reading for one eye and continue to the opposite eye to perform the same function - all with one touch of a button. The RK-F2, which incorporates a motorized chin rest, has a minimum pupil size of 2.0 mm, an enhancement over the predecessor product's 2.5 mm minimum. Together, these features contribute to a comfortable, efficient screening process, helping to assist the healthcare professional when a patient's pupil is difficult to dilate.
- The CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera has a lightweight (approximately 33 pounds) and compact design that takes up minimal office space and can be easily transported when needed. The low flash intensity of the CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera minimizes pupil constriction, thereby shortening the time required for taking multiple pictures such as binocular stereo photography. It also helps avoid having to retake images due to a patient blinking. The CR-2 has a small pupil mode with 3.3 mm diameter that contributes to efficient screening. The auto exposure function optimizes image brightness without having to manually set the observation light and flash intensity.
- The CR-2 PLUS Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera offers Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) photography in a compact (approximately 44 pounds) design that delivers both red-free and cobalt digital filters which is useful in evaluating the vascular and nerve fiber layers. FAF is the occurrence of autofluorescence in macular waste, particularly Lipofuscin. Examinations that check and monitor autofluorescent waste material are a key step in AMD detection. The CR-2 PLUS also features a dedicated 18-megapixel EOS camera that has been specifically adapted to capture detailed diagnostic images of the retina. The low-flash intensity of the CR-2 PLUS minimizes pupil constriction and shortens the time required for taking multiple pictures including stereo photography. In darkly lit rooms, the operation panel illuminates for easy navigation.
- The CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera provides five photography modes including color, red-free, cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography and FAF. FAF allows the user to take one-shot photography of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium layer in a standard configuration, for both mydriatic and non-mydriatic modes. Using the non-mydriatic mode not only saves time and resources, it also can make the diagnostic procedure more comfortable for patients with smaller pupils at 3.8mm. The Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS) is equipped to handle both modes and allows images to be captured, processed and sent to a permanent storage database as DICOM?1 or JPEG files. The images may also be printed.
- The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter, manufactured by OPTOPOL Technology S.A., is a modern diagnostic instrument for precise and fast testing for field of vision. The closed type examination bowl provides a single solution for Goldmann kinetic and static perimetry. The PTS 1000 offers a wide range of strategies and analysis tools and the intuitive user interface and ergonomic design make it easy to use.
- The TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer is a non-contact tonometer that is compact and lightweight at approximately 33 pounds, making it easy to transport and install. With soft air puffs, the TX-20 tonometer easily measures Intraocular Pressure (IOP), which allows doctors to perform simple eye exams efficiently and enhances patient comfort. This test is important in evaluating ocular conditions that affect the pressure inside of the eye, such as glaucoma. Whenever high IOP is detected, a warning message is displayed. The operator can enter any threshold value on the unit's settings screen to activate the warning system for that value. When running the TX-20 tonometer in Full Auto mode, operation is halted when the threshold is exceeded. The TX-20 tonometer can automatically move over to the opposite eye to perform the same function or can be operated manually.
- imageSPECTRUM Image Management Software is the Canon imaging software for eye care professionals, designed for use with Canon digital retinal cameras. Compatible with Microsoft Windows2 7 operating system, imageSPECTRUM Image Management Software delivers capabilities that can enhance patient care, including intelligent, efficient management of images with the reliability of the Canon brand. The easy-to-use interface can be used as a standalone workstation or as part of a network station.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please go to www.usa.canon.com/eye-care
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
1 DICOM is a registered trademark of the National Electrical Manufacturers Association for its standard publications relating to digital communications of medical information.
2 Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.