Canon U.S.A. To Exhibit Its Full Line-Up Of Ophthalmic Devices At 2012 Joint Meeting Of The American Academy Of Ophthalmology
Canon will showcase solutions designed to help enhance quality of patient care and improve diagnostic processes and workflows
CHICAGO, I.L., November 8, 2012 — Canon U.S.A, Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will exhibit a wide array of innovative ophthalmic solutions during the 2012 Joint Meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO) on November 10-13, 2012 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Canon will also feature specific solutions that have been designed to support practitioners as they continue striving to provide high-quality care with tight resources and increased time constraints.
Technological advancements have had a positive and astounding effect on helping practitioners to reach a high quality diagnosis in less time. Canon's new developments, demonstrated at the booth, provide practitioners with the opportunity to offer improved patient care, clearly detect parts of the eye that had previously been difficult to identify, enhance collaboration through intuitive output capabilities, and better manage office workflows - each of which supports a practitioner's ability to more efficient and accurate diagnostic process.
"Technology developments in recent years have had a profound impact on the eye-care industry," said Tsuneo Imai, senior director and general manager, Healthcare Solutions Division, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "At this year's AAO Joint Meeting, Canon looks forward to featuring our lineup of eye-care products and solutions that can play a significant role in helping to improve the efficiency of exams and the management of patient data and images."
Attendees at this year's annual meeting will have the opportunity to engage with the following products and learn more about Canon's lineup of innovative solutions.
- The RK-F2 Full Auto Ref-Keratometer, Canon's newest Eyecare instrument, features a compact design - weighing 11 pounds less than its predecessor, and simplifies the standard autorefraction and keratometry measurement procedure to just one step.
- The CX-1 Hybrid Digital Mydriatic/Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera provides five photography modes including color, red-free, cobalt, Fluorescein Angiography and Fundus Autofluorescence (FAF) - which allows the user to take one-shot photography of the Retinal Pigment Epithelium layer in a standard configuration.
- The CF-1 Digital Mydriatic Retinal Camera, a powerful high-resolution digital retinal camera that is also comfortable and easy to use. For color, red-free imaging and fluorescein angiography.
- The CR-2 Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera has a lightweight (approximately 33 pounds) and compact design that takes up minimal office space and can be easily transported when needed.
- The CR-2 PLUS Digital Non-Mydriatic Retinal Camera offers FAF photography in a compact (approximately 44 pounds) design that delivers both red-free and cobalt digital filters which are useful in evaluating the vascular and nerve fiber layers.
- The PTS 1000 Automated Perimeter, manufactured by OPTOPOL Technology S.A., is a modern diagnostic instrument for precise and fast testing for field of vision.
- The TX-20 Full Auto Tonometer is a non-contact tonometer that is compact and lightweight at approximately 33 pounds, making it easy to transport and install.
- imageSPECTRUM Image Management Software is the Canon imaging software for eye care professionals, designed for use with Canon digital retinal cameras.
- Retinal Imaging Control Software (RICS) allows images to be created, stored, viewed and processed and will support local or network storage. Images may be exported as .DCM, .JPEG or .TIFF files for electronic medical records and hard copies may be produced for record keeping using a select Canon color printer.
For more information about Canon ophthalmic devices and solutions, please visit www.usa.canon.com/eye-care.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $45.6 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents registered in 2011† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2012. In 2012, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers' Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the ninth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past two years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.